Bought my first little "super light" !!!

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
After extensive reading on this site mostly. I came to the decision to buy a new "SureFire Classic 9P" All I can say is WOW! Compaired to my 3d maglight, wait! Is there a comparison! I cant belive the amount of power this little sucker has. Im thinking about getting the P91 200 lumen bulb, What other accessorys do you guys reccomend?
Awsome site and info!
Nuker-

litegod

Newly Enlightened
yep, there is not much comparision between the regular type lights and "super lights"

my friends could not imagine at first anybody spending that kind of money on a light, then when i bought my buddy a twintask L2 he was amazed at it. he thought it was the coolest thing. heck the leds were as bright as most regular flashlights.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
You might want to get Pila 150S rechargeable batteries and a charger from J.S. Burly's. Two of these will fit and work in your 9P and will run almost as long as primary cells. Be sure to ask J.S. Burly for the free spring. I don't think you will need it in your 9P, but if you do it goes around the stock spring in the head. The spring is sometimes needed to make contact.
https://www.jsburlys.com/shop/

If you want a lot more throw you could get a Turbo-Head. LPS Tactical has the SRTH. http://www.lagger-pro.com/hd3t.htm The Pila 150S will also work with the turbo-head.

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
Wow! That turbo head looks awsome. Thanks for the quick replies, I have always wanted one of these but couldent justify the price, But reading all of the info on this site turned that thought real quick! What do you all feel about the P91 lamp upgrade? I dont really have the money for the turbo head at the moment.
Thanks
Nuker-

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
WTG! and WTG on the bulb! I do the same thing w/ my G2 & C3:rock:

firefly99

Enlightened
Welcome. Get the KT1 turbo head and P91 bulb. I had the same setup, no regret.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
firefly99 said:
Welcome. Get the KT1 turbo head and P91 bulb. I had the same setup, no regret.

For use with the 9P you need the KT2 head. It's the same head but comes with the 9v N2 lamp. The KT1 comes with the N1 6v lamp that wont work in the 9P (well not for longer than a second!).

firefly99

Enlightened
nzgunnie said:
For use with the 9P you need the KT2 head. It's the same head but comes with the 9v N2 lamp. The KT1 comes with the N1 6v lamp that wont work in the 9P (well not for longer than a second!).

Thanks for the correction, I must be getting old.

What I had was KT1 + G2/Z2. Planning to get the N2, 9V lamp, then I can use it on my 9P.

Luxman

Enlightened
+1 on the SRTH Turbohead! Maybe you might want to save up for it..
I have it on a D3 with the N2 bulb.
Its especially nice when you want to reach out and touch someone with some really dense photons! :)

0634d3srth26409kf.jpg

Nuker-

Newly Enlightened
I went out to my local SF retailer and picked up the P91 lamp and Belt carry case. That 200 lumens is so dang bright! I just couldent belive the amount of throw it has to it. Do you guys reccomend the aftermarket made turbohead from the SF kit?
Nuker-