Health update

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Hello everyone, I hope you all had a very good Christmas and holiday season!

I am sorry that I have been absent from the boards since Christmas. I just read about rdshores and it really made me sad to see that he had passed away. I pray that he is in a better place. I am sorry to log back in and report on my own health during this time of mourning. My timing was never very good.

My health is declining to put it bluntly. I am very weak and the Doctors say I may not see 2007 unless something changes soon. The cancer has once again spread.
To make it worse I am still producing kidney stones on a regular bases. My left kidney is in bad shape and may need to be removed. I have been passing pure blood for the last 3 days. We are trying to decide what to do about it. More surgery will only weaken me further but the kidney may not leave us much choice.

I want everyone to know that I appreciate all the prayers and support. Please pray that my family is strong if I do not make it. They are the ones who need the support right now.
Do not feel sorry for me or my condition. I have lived a good life and have been blessed beyond anything that I deserved. Besides, I am not dead yet and I could very well pull out of this. But if it is my time then it is just my time. My only concern right now is my wife and kids.

Thank you all for allowing me to share my problems with you and I hope and pray that God blesses each of you.

I am going to try to keep in touch with the board for as long as I can. Please do not think I am giving up, I am just facing some hard facts. My Doc's have always been very blunt with me and I am thankful for it. I told them up front to not hide anything from me.

Again, I am sorry to report this on the heels of rdshores passing. I just needed to do it while I felt like it this morning.

:) No worries!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ya betetr not die ill kick ya *** if ya do ok?drink lots a water and think to self dont die cause raggie will kick ya ***.i now give u a hug

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
raggie33 said:
ya betetr not die ill kick ya *** if ya do ok?drink lots a water and think to self dont die cause raggie will kick ya ***.i now give u a hug
Hi rags :wave:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hiya freind hugs hey they told my mom she would die when i was like 5 she had some kinda thing like a vien blow up in her head but she lived to i was in 30s and didnt die of the brain thing at all so drs dont know everything

MoonRise

Enlightened
Hey Jeff,

Hang in there and positive thoughts to you.

(Life NRA here as well)

cslinger

Enlightened
Dude you have balls as big as church bells and are a testiment to all of us. I could only hope to be as strong as you are. Believe it or not you may help more of us then you think.

At any rate. You simply are not allowed to kick off. No discussion, no option. So cowboy up and beat it. You have lots of folks pulling for you and yours.

Prayers go without saying. If you need anything feel free to PM. I would be happy to help in any way I can.

Chris

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Thanks guys! I really do appreciate the responses and I promise not to give up.

If I may be so bold I do have one special request that I would like everyone to pray about for me and my family. We have 2 vehicles and both of them are in need of repair. Our van (1997 Chrysler) is still running but in need of some work. Both front window motors are broken and the transmission is running kind of rough. Our other vehicle is a 1990 Jeep Wagoneer limited with 298,000 + miles on it. It is not running at the time and is need of several repairs. Dont let the high mileage fool you, it was running great until a couple of months ago. I just dont have the resources to get it fixed.
My only request is that you pray that some how we get these vehicles fixed. Just a simple inclusion in your prayers at night would do.
Thank you very much.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
if i lived closer id fix em for free but i cant afford the parts but my labor would be free

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
raggie33 said:
if i lived closer id fix em for free but i cant afford the parts but my labor would be free
I know that you would raggie and I am most grateful for the thought.

I could probably fix most of the things myself if my health was better.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
I'm very happy to hear from you Jeff, and wish you and your family a fabulous 2006. Given your mom's history, and including 2006, I figger you got about 26 years to go, so I'll cry for you in 2031. Prayers sent for the vehicles, too!
daloosh

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
daloosh said:
I'm very happy to hear from you Jeff, and wish you and your family a fabulous 2006. Given your mom's history, and including 2006, I figger you got about 26 years to go, so I'll cry for you in 2031. Prayers sent for the vehicles, too!
daloosh
Thanks! But that was raggie's mom, my mom is still here. :)

Lightmeup

Enlightened
I don't know anything about your current situation other than what is in this thread. I had a good friend who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer about 10 years ago and told she had a few months left to live. Well, she ignored the doctors' predictions and started researching the subject, got involved in some alternative treatment programs, and never gave up. She's still alive and healthy today.

My point is that our medical professionals don't know everything, and that cancer treatment is very costly so any treatment regimes that do not generate big revenue for the drug companies, hospitals, and doctors, usually gets ignored or written off by them.

I don't want to come off like a conspiracy theory nutjob, I just want you to know that there are a lot of possible solutions that you may not hear about from your doc, and if they are not giving you any hope or help, then you really don't have anything to lose by investigating all of the alternatives. Best of luck to you and your family!

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Lookie dat, that means you're gonna live forever, Jeff!
In all seriousness, I wish the best for you and your family.
daloosh

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Jeff

I don't know you but have just read the thread. I'm the over side of the pond but just wanted you to know you and your family are in my thoughts.

I'm a UK paramedic and in nearly 20 years of doing my job I've seen a huge amount of suffering and death. However, cases like yours always fill me with hope and humility. Your strength and dignity shine through in your writing and your religious conviction is a good example of someone who knows about the power of prayer. Whatever the future holds you must never let go of hope and your faith. Many things in life don't go the way we would like them to but of one thing I am sure, faith and human kindness endure forever. The many postings from like minded folks on CPF are proof this.

I wish you well and look forward to seeing many more posts from you in the future.

Doug

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Jeff, I am sorry to hear about this setback but I also appreciate your candor. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Sending positive healing light your way.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. A frightening time in your life, for sure.

It is great to hear from you.
Don't give up, don't lose hope.
Prayers and good thoughts sent.

Bob

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is always sad to hear this, My dad recently died of cancer, He was on alternative medicine, it helped him but it tasted very bad, and he decided to stop takin it, right after we noticed a sharp decline in his health, like the alt. med. had helped him somewhat, When I went to the store in Mexico to buy the Alt. Med. I heard lots of testimonies of the efficacy of the medicine on people with cancer. I believe in them, If you are interested I can give you the address and phone number of the place. PM me if interested.

There are alt medicines like Escozul do a google on it. and others, the cost of the alt treatment my dad was on isnt very expensive, like $100 per month.

All my prayers for you and ur family.

AlexGT