Dinotte LuxV Bike Light - anyone tried one?

JackJ

Newly Enlightened
I don't have one, but I'm considering it. A big plus is that it takes standard AA NiMH. However, I wish Nashbar etc. sold a version without the charger/batteries, as I don't need more of those.

I've read some feedback on bike forums that's been generally positive. But I agree it's overpriced. I'm leaning more toward the Light & Motion Vega--a little less output and proprietary battery, but self-contained and cheaper.

wasBlinded said:
I see Bike Nasbar is selling the Dinotte bike light for $220. Looks like it has one LuxV and an optic. Seems a bit overpriced, but probably a good serviceable bike light.

For the curious:
http://www.dinottelighting.com/

mpk

Newly Enlightened
My budget is considerably less ;) I am taking a regular AA $15 halogen bike light and putting a direct drive Lux III in it. There's plenty of space to work with. I also want to make an Amber version of it, for use in the mornings as a "Be Seen" safety light.

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
THis is the first I've seen of this light. I can't find anything on the site regarding output or runtime. Anyone have more info?

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Planterz said:
THis is the first I've seen of this light. I can't find anything on the site regarding output or runtime. Anyone have more info?

They give a runtime of 1h 40m, which seems about right for driving a LuxV at 700 mA from 4 AA 2500 mAh cells.

I'm curious about the beam shape with that optic. As for myself, I'm pretty happy strapping my two SF U2 to my handlebars so won't be buying one of these, but it is kind of interesting.