In need of 32mm glass lens and reflector

Arkayne

Enlightened
I've started a really cool Lux V project and am in need of a 32mm x 1.5mm glass lens and a reflector that is as close to 32mm as possible.

I searched the most common CPF flashlight 'parts' site and came up empty but I was able to find a lens here and wanted to run it by you guys before I commit. Does anyone have experience with this company or have any other sites that might have what I need?

Last edited:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arkayne said:
I've started a really cool Lux V project and am in need of a 32mm x 1.5mm glass lens and a reflector that is as close to 32mm as possible.

I searched the most common CPF flashlight 'parts' site and came up empty but I was able to find a lens here and wanted to run it by you guys before I commit. Does anyone have experience with this company or have any other sites that might have what I need?
As you have probably discovered 32mm is a tough find in flashlight lenses. I recently need a 43mm lens for a project. I ended up buying a 46mm Hoya multicoated UV photo filter. I carefully cut off the metal rim and ended up with a lens just under 43mm. I don't know if photo filters are made in your size.

The watch crystal approach has a few limitations. The edges are beveled to fit under the watch case. This may not matter in your use. Also they are not optical glass and are not coated. You will have significant loss to internal reflection.

Try googling "optical glass window". In the past I have gotten some coated lenses from surplus optical dealers. An optical glass window is a plano lens and makes a very good flashlight lens.

I have no idea for a reflector source.

Mark

Arkayne

Enlightened
thx a bunch!

I never even thought of loss due to internal reflection. I'll just keep digging. If worse comes to worse, I can A) Use that watch crystal b) Buy a photo filter and build a rig to grind it to shape.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 32.5mm reflector (about 20.5mm deep) that I bought from Emilion for less than $2. He no longer sells reflectors. I've never used it and never will. I don't have a photo, but if you PM me with your mailing address I'll be glad to mail it to you, free. The bottom 40 percent is stippled or textured; the upper 60% is smooth and polished.