• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Surefire to ARC adaptor

mahoney

Enlightened
The good news:
It works great. This adaptor makes it possible to use ARC LS series battery packs on Surefire E series heads. It works on my KL4, KL1, and my Aleph heads with every ARC LS battery pack I have. Some of my bare aluminium (late production) ARC 123 twisty packs need a small spacer in the bottom (the infamous ball of tin foil trick).

The bad news:
It's a bit ugly. It started life as an ARC 123 TSP that came with an LS second. Someone had used pliers on it and scuffed the knurling. And when I tapped the female threads they did not line up with the axis of the male threads perfectly. It's about a couple degrees off. It's more noticeable with some battery packs than others, but some combinations look a bit "bent" at the adaptor. The adaptor has a skirt that covers the o-ring on the ARC battery pack, but the threads in that area were removed by hand with a Dremel tool, so I doubt the joint is waterproof.

On the other hand, the scuffs are shallow enough that they could be polished out if you are a fan of the bare aluminium look.

Soon after I made this I discovered the 2-stage Aleph switch and it's been in a drawer ever since. So if you've always wanted one of these and you don't mind a bit of ugliness, I'll sell it for $25 shipped by priority mail with DC in the US.

Payment by Money Order, first I'll take it gets it. Not responsible for lost mail, etc.