Has anyone bought a "GLOW BRICK" ?

monkk

Newly Enlightened
Oh yeah, great question Flashlightman, I want to know that too.

By the way, have you seen the Euler's Disk? You can get them for about 15 bucks if you look on Froogle. VERY COOL. It's a 3 inch by 1/2 inch metal disk that you spin... on the concave mirror platform it comes with, and it goes faster and faster.. for about 3 minutes! And it comes with different refractive patterns that adhere magnetically to the disk. So, shine a light on that puppy, and watch the coolness.

-Eric
NeonString

FLASHLIGHTMAN

Newly Enlightened
monkk said:
Oh yeah, great question Flashlightman, I want to know that too.

By the way, have you seen the Euler's Disk? You can get them for about 15 bucks if you look on Froogle. VERY COOL. It's a 3 inch by 1/2 inch metal disk that you spin... on the concave mirror platform it comes with, and it goes faster and faster.. for about 3 minutes! And it comes with different refractive patterns that adhere magnetically to the disk. So, shine a light on that puppy, and watch the coolness.

-Eric
NeonString

Thanks a lot ERIC! Now I just bought something else I REALLY don't need!

That's the problem with this forum, always finding something new and exciting.

The Disks look pretty cool.

Thanks for the idea. I think I will enjoy it.

I still think I need a "Glow Brick"!

Dave

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Why oh why does all the coolest most desirable glow in the dark / phosphorescent / tritium etc stuff come from the UK? Seems the Brits have more hidden advantages than afternoon tea, they have an unfair amount of glowing things.

Thanks Eric I just spent even MORE money than I needed to, but thanks to you I HAD to get a Euler's Disk! :naughty: eBay is wonderful indeed! Cool suggestion, also enjoy the neon string link! Might buy some of THAT..... (must control self)

FLASHLIGHTMAN,

The Glow Brick is a MUST HAVE. Dont question the impulse. That one's a ten out of ten for sure, its just.... IN THE UK WITH THE OTHER GLOWY STUFF!!! I just found the link, bookmarked it... GLOW IN THE DARK GLOVES
Where else? UK!! UK ONLY for shipping too, bummer on the glow gloves.
If you order a Glow Brick I'll take one too! I dont think there are enough GITD crazies, even here, for a group buy but seeing the link I WANT A G BRICK!!

PS thank the Lord the delivery truck didnt run over your package a few MORE times, way to go USPS! Sorry about that....

monkk

Newly Enlightened
LOL! Well it is very important to avoid spending money on too many cool
light up toys. And PLEASE do not be tempted to buy any of my super freakishly cool NeonString. By the way, did I mention I carry sequencers
so you can animate up to 10 different channels of el wire, creating animated pictures or designs? :naughty:

sequencer.gif

Games3.gif
NeonString_rainbow.gif
http://www.neonstring.com/

So far I haven't even attempted anything as cool as this, but I thought I would throw it in here. (Borrowed from someone else's post):
swordcutframecolor.gif

Eric
NeonString

Last edited:

monkk

Newly Enlightened
Ok now I want a Glowbrick even more.
Glad I have a birthday coming up.

I think a Glow Brick and a Levitron would fix me up nicely.

er.. you guys do know about the Levitron, right? If not, forget I said anything. :)

By the way, here is a sneak peak at the Euler's Disk. I couldn't resist:

Eulers20Disk.gif

Last edited:

Flotsam

Newly Enlightened
How about just getting some glow powder, and some acrylic resin & making your own? Seems like it would be pretty easy.

SIG

Newly Enlightened
I want a glowbrick, too, but the shipping price is very high. I'll hopefully come across a deal one day!

FLASHLIGHTMAN

Newly Enlightened
SIG said:
I want a glowbrick, too, but the shipping price is very high. I'll hopefully come across a deal one day!

I agree. I hope to find one here in the states for sale.
Ebay has some for sale, but they appear to be from Europe also.

If anyone knows where to order one stateside, please let us know.

Thanks !

Dave

docsloft

Newly Enlightened
I would recomend that you at the very least give credit to the artist if you are going to use a link to his work to promote your store. Lenny is an amazing El wire artist and photographer in the Los Angeles area. His shots of burningman are always worth waiting for and his video's are outstanding.

www.lennyjones.net

Doc

monkk said:
So far I haven't even attempted anything as cool as this, but I thought I would throw it in here. (Borrowed from someone else's post):
swordcutframecolor.gif

Eric
NeonString