• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The most powerful and efficient 2.1 watt 1.5V single cell driver here.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
A review of my latest circuit by Lunarmodule can be found here: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1229862#post1229862

It drives a Lux regardless of Vf for white at 2.1 watts with an Energizer Lithium 1.5 volt cell. It drives a Lux at 1.7 watts with a NIMH. As the Vf of the lux goes up the current will drop based on P=VI. I've measured several different senerio's using different Lux's and by adding a diode in series and using a .1 Ohm resistor and O-scope to verify drive current and drive voltage. 88% is what I get for efficiency when I do the math for power in to power out.

I have 50 manufactured PCB's ready for assembly on an order basis. I'm charging $22.00 per driver + actual shipping cost. $20.00 for 2 and $18.00 for any quanity over 3. The size of the PCB is 16mm diameter and is designed to fit the Fenix L1P. I can also build these to drive 3.2 watts from 2 cells for the Fenix L2P. The price is the same.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 2 cell version is the one I would be interested in.
3.2 watts going into a TXOH, or a TWOH would be around 1 amp, if I'm not mistaken.
Roughly, 80+ lumens, or so. ;)

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
3rd_shift said:
The 2 cell version is the one I would be interested in.
3.2 watts going into a TXOH, or a TWOH would be around 1 amp, if I'm not mistaken.
Roughly, 80+ lumens, or so. ;)

2.4 volts multiplied by 1.5 amps is 3.6 watts minus a 12% reduction due to losses and you get 3.17 watts. That's what my circuit will do with this mod.

Last edited:

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a PM I sent to a CPF member inquiring about my circuit for the Fenix, I felt it was worth posting here too.

It has been my goal in R&D for over a year now to create a circuit that would offer an efficent conversion to 3.x volts at 3 watts drive from a single cell. After looking at and sampling many step-up switching power supply I.C.'s, it became clear to me that such a switcher simply didn't exist, until I made my break through. Even the chips that claimed to come close weren't anywhere near my goal output. In fact, I never found one to break the 1 watt output level from 1.2 volts. So I got deeper into it and did some digging and studying until I figured out what it would take to create such a circuit. I finally made a break through and broke the 2 watt mark with a Energizer L91 1.5 volt cell and broke the 1.5 watt mark with a 1.2 volt NIMH cell. The circuit has an efficency between 75 and 85% depending on a few factors, i.e. batteries condition and operating temp. I found with my inductor that I selected, for it's size, it offered me these specs. from the driver I selected. If I actually did manage to reach the 3 watt mark, with the losses that would be included, it would just eat batteries up, so I was happy with the 2 watt mark and that's how my Fenix driver came to be. Fenix gave me the final boost in desire I needed to finish my quest for the most powerful single cell driver available today.

Latest posts