Value of Surefire ?

J-FRAME

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire 12zm and would like to know what its current value might be to sell.Its in excellant shape not carried or dropped. Thanks for your help.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is not a current model. the replacment is the M3 Turbo Combatlight. and costs over $300.00.

The 12zm is a nice light. Globes for it may be difficult to find unless it uses the same globe as a current flashlight (MN60).
Good luck.
Are you looking to sell it?
Yaesumofo

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

Actually, the 12ZM was never replaced.

The 12PM was replaced by the M4.
The 9ZT was replaced by the M3T.

I always regretted not getting the4 12ZM - I got the 12PM instead.
I would expect the 12ZM to sell for a price greater than that of an M4.

Is it possible you can post a photo of your 12ZM here? If you have a photo you can email it to me [email protected] and I can post it for you.

The reason I ask is because the 12ZM/12PM were shipped with several different bezel types. Can you see the TurboHead bezel in this photo?

The N62 Lamp Assembly used by the 12ZM/12PM is extremely difficult to get hold of new.
The M4 uses the MN60 and MN61 Lamp Assemblies which may not produce the best possible beams in the 12ZM/12PM due to how bulbs and reflectors have evolved since the 12ZM was made. Chances are they'll work just fine though unless your 12ZM has a 3" diameter TurboHead bezel.
I prefer the MN61 beam over the MN60 when I'm not using the N62.

Thanks and enjoy your time here on CPF!

Al

J-FRAME

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help. I,ll get some pictures taken soon and post them.Might be a day or two. Awful busy right now.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I have a 12ZM with the head which looks like the second one in your picture ( counting clockwise and starting at the top.)

Wonder if I should replace the head with something that I can get bulbs for? I don't think I have any spare bulbs for this light.

Size15's

Flashaholic
That is what I consider to be the correct TurboHead for the 12PM/12ZM. It has a rim threaded on the inside [to accept an IR BeamFilter never released to the public]

Left to Right:
"T" 3" diameter Extended Range TurboHead with Lexan window
"SRTH" 2.5" diameter Short-Rim TurboHead with Lexan window
"T-62" 2.5" diameter threaded rim TurboHead with Lexan window
"KT" 2.5" diameter TurboHead with Pyrex window
P173.jpg

J-FRAME

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to take so long, these are the pictures i promised. I think i'll try to sell it in the classified section for $200 with included shipping.
flashlight1.JPG

flashlight2.JPG

flashlight3.JPG

flashlight4.JPG

Rzr800

Enlightened
Looking for extended range head; bulb and beam filter for 12ZM

That is what I consider to be the correct TurboHead for the 12PM/12ZM. It has a rim threaded on the inside [to accept an IR BeamFilter never released to the public]

Left to Right:
"T" 3" diameter Extended Range TurboHead with Lexan window
"SRTH" 2.5" diameter Short-Rim TurboHead with Lexan window
"T-62" 2.5" diameter threaded rim TurboHead with Lexan window
"KT" 2.5" diameter TurboHead with Pyrex window
P173.jpg

I appear to have the "T62" head and wondered if the extended range version; any bulb at all or even another manufacturer's beam filter was available for this light.

Thank you.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love a 12PM/ZM, very cool looking lights :) Also very interesting to see so many types of TurboHeads, thanks for the photos, Size15s.

Regards,
Tempest

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: Looking for extended range head; bulb and beam filter for 12ZM

I appear to have the "T62" head and wondered if the extended range version; any bulb at all or even another manufacturer's beam filter was available for this light.

Thank you.
Although it appears the T-62 (there's meant to be a dash, why, I don't know) was designed specifically for the N62 Lamp Assembly, it works best with other similar lamps such as the N2 and N5 - lamps that have small compact filaments.

Rzr800

Enlightened

Although it appears the T-62 (there's meant to be a dash, why, I don't know) was designed specifically for the N62 Lamp Assembly, it works best with other similar lamps such as the N2 and N5 - lamps that have small compact filaments.

Thanks to you, size15; I finally found out (remembered:thinking:) what my light actually was and am now able to purchase a bulb to fit it. Very much appreciated.
I also did not know that this was a 500 lumen light. Shining it next to my M6 pretty much confirms this; yet SF obviously took that output to another level with the 6 cell version.

DM51

Flashaholic

Although it appears the T-62 (there's meant to be a dash, why, I don't know) ...
This may have been to avoid confusion - the T62 (without the dash) was a Soviet Army battle-tank, lol