Inova to discontinue colored LED flashlights?

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
I have been corresponding with a big Ebay seller that does lots of Inova sales (10,000+ feedbacks!) over an order mixup. I ordered a titanium body red LED X5 and they sent me a black body green LED light. Anyway, the last email I got said this:

On the "bright" side, you will be one of the last customers to receive an Inova light with colored LEDs. Inova has stopped production of all of their colored LED models. They will be focusing on developing more white LED models instead. This light will still be covered under the full lifetime warranty of course.

I had not seen a thread on this, so I thought I would post it here. I have no idea if it is true or not, but she seems to be speaking with some inside knowledge. They appear to do a lot of volume with Inova so I guess they would be in a position to know.

David

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. No confirmations or anything. I've emailed Inova to see if they will confirm one way or another.

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
Well...

It sounds like the eBay merchant was full of it--unless Inova is trying to keep it quiet. I emailed Inova last week and got this reply today:

David,

Thank you for your recent interest in our INOVA® X5 flashlight series!

The colored light applications for our flashlights have not been discontinued, but we appreciate your inquiry!

If there is anything else our company can assist you with; please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank You,

--
Customer Service
401.294.2030 X.204
[email protected]

Emissive Energy Corp.
135 Circuit Drive
North Kingstown, RI 02852
www.inovalight.com

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
...and a subsequent reply:

David,

All colored Inova® X5® lights will now be available in a 'quad pack' only, which is how the current Inova X5MT-UVT is packaged.

A quad pack is not a clamshell, but instead a black, four-sided, thin plastic box resembling a toothpaste pack.

The Inova X5 with white LED's will still be available in standard retail packaging.

Emissive Energy does not sell directly to EBay, however, there are still several e-tailers that will carry the Inova X5 with all of our colored light applications.

We recommend the following:

Flashlights Unlimited – ph: 770-446-7561 www.flashlightsunlimited.com

The LED Light - ph: 877.964.4215 www.theledlight.com

Should you encounter any difficulties in your search, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

--
Customer Service
401.294.2030 X.204
[email protected]

Emissive Energy Corp.
135 Circuit Drive
North Kingstown, RI 02852
www.inovalight.com

Latest posts