anyone know about circuitry? Problem with PM6 3W.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I click the button on my pm6 3w it blinks once, then after about four seconds, it will turn on. Anyone know what the problem might be? I already got a replacement, but the tint on this module is slightly better, and I would like to fix it. Anyone?

-David

Blazer

Enlightened
Sorry, got one but doesn't have that problem.

Sounds like the contacts pass each other, then they slowly come back when you release and make contact again for full on. Have no idea how to rectify this. I'd contact Pelican.

Greg

Newly Enlightened
Cheapo, what was the problem with your light? I compare mine to my propolymer 4aa and it is absolutely blown away by it. I hardly even use it anymore, considering I have the propolymer, but if it was brighter then I would surely put it back into rotation.

Greg

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
the module flickers, and then turns of. Kind of weird. Also, the threads on the body are not very good. I dont want a different body, because the newer models have worse finish.

-David

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has a problem where it sometimes comes on dimly, and then won't turn on to full power unless I twist the tailcap a bit. I'm not sure if it's the switch or the electronics. Either way, I will send it back for warranty service.

Mine has a quite bluish tint, so I'm not too unhappy to play the Luxeon lottery again.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will just use the other pinkish module.

-David

Last edited: