Embarrassing confessions

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
Pleas confess something embarrassing in this thread. I will start since I started this thread but pleas don't make fun of anyones confession and don't judge them.:whistle:

I use to EDC a MiniMag in my pants :whistle:and another one in my jacket before I knew any better. Pleas don't laugh.

carrot

Flashaholic
Knifemaster said:
I use to EDC a MiniMag in my pants :whistle:and another one in my jacket before I knew any better. Pleas don't laugh.

Well... I used to EDC not one MiniMag, but TWO.

nutz_about_lights

Enlightened
I used to EDC a Pelican 1900 Mitylite and thought it was the brightest torchlight in the world! Was amazed at how its beam could be visible up to 15 stories high!

Till the light stopped working due to parts coming apart... :lolsign:

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to carry an Eveready squeeze light. But they actually weren't that bad for $1.99. They should make an LED version.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I spit and spuddered when I heard about my friend's Surefire purchases. Then he took me to Bass Pro Shop and I bought my C3.

Also, when I went to the ocean this year, I shaved my back/shoulders and trimmed my chest hair. It's one thing to be hairy, but skinny and hairy...:help:

lightlust

Newly Enlightened
My favorite light about 17 years ago was the Eveready LED Fish Light. You squeezed the sides of this rubber palm-sized tropical fish, and an LED in its mouth lit up. If I can find it, I'll post a picture.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure 75% of people here used to, or still do EDC a Mini-Mag. Good lights for $10, and until recently the best one out there. Introduced in 1984, remember.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonWrangler said:
Does accidentally blowing up a lamp count as an embarrassing confession?
:ohgeez:

I can beat that! I blew up a 200Hp pump motor at work. :poof: I actually felt better when the other one (the same age) blew itself up a week later. But at the time I saw that green, copper colored flash, I figured I was history.:sweat:

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
Before I used to go out to nightclubs, I used to tape a 3D Maglight to the inside of my left thigh.:faint:

...Or not.:stupid:

goldenlight

Enlightened
I thought I was so cool when I found out I could put Brinkmann Xenon lamps in my Mini mag collection. I wound up buying a Nextar (sp?) lamp for my entire collection of 2AA and 2AAA Minimags; about a dozen. It WAS a step up, of course. How come that idiot, IMHO, Maglica, NEVER FIGURED THAT OUT?

As recently as 4 or 5 years ago (about..) I was still EDC a 2AAA Mini Mag with a Brinkmann lamp, during the summer when I didn't have a jacket pocket to carry a better (well, bigger, anyway.....) flashlight.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I accidentally shot a 29 inch trinitron TV with a .357, 3 days after my dad bought it.

Embarasing!!!

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
Hey, great thread. I've thought of starting a thread called "Flashaholic's Secret Confessions" once or twice, but I never did it. Here are mine:

1.) I still edc a mini-gag solitaire on my keychain. The darned thing doesn't even work anymore (or it is so faint that I can't tell), and I still haven't taken it off!!

BatteryCharger said:
I used to say "hahaha, those idiots spent $500 on a flashlight!".

Then I bought an X990... :ohgeez: :broke:

2.) Yeah, I am still paying for an impulse purchase of a certain limited edition Surefire light that I got off of E-bay last year (it rhymes with "yeast"). It's my 2nd one. :aaa: :crazy: :broke: