• Swap in dead and new batterys just for the fun of it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wipe dust/smudgemarks off body of your lights

• [Rechargable users] Swap in fresh battery and recharge old often

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • [Rechargable users] Put into base after a few minutes of use so its ready

• Blind people with it... Often (Once a day or more.)

• Over maintance (Lubercating threads... Every few hours-days. Etc)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Obesseive things you do as a flashaholic

Hrmm... I've done many of these... most actually... Never put known dead cells in a light that I can think of though.

I used to always shine my new lights in my eyes until I did it with a T-binned green Lux III direct driven. Two hours later when that dark spot went away, I vowed never to do that again.

rolleye11.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic

not really obsessive about my lights; I actually don't do much maintenance aside from occassional lubing of o-rings.

My modding box... that a different story, I'm a bit more organized there. :)

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Um, all of the above?

The thing I do the most is turn it on, then off right before putting it in my pocket. The same way I always open my knives and make sure they're sharp before pocketing them. I know once I get a gun, I'll be checking the clip/chamber/cylinder before holstering.

Malpaso

Enlightened
Telling us to "ignore this" is like telling a child "don't touch that"
;-)

dim

Enlightened

As a flashaholic, the only thing that I do obsessively is constantly turning my flashlights on and shining them at everything and the White Wall. I do this not only because I'm a flashaholic, but to improve my understanding of what I am seeing - brightness, pattern, color. I guess it's kind of like practice for when I really do need a flashlight. It would suck if I grabbed the wrong flashlight when I needed it because I thought it was brighter, floodier, etc...

While I do what I can to keep a lens scratch free, since my flashlights get handled, used and I just know that they're going to be dropped, the lens aside, I TRY not to get too hung up about a flashlight's appearance with regards to "character marks".

I also try to keep a sane battery rotation schedule and not to cycle batteries every 5 minutes. If I know that a flashlight has two hours of runtime with rechargeable batts, typically, I'll cycle or recharge after about 60-90 minutes of use. My habits with primary batts is dynamic, sometimes I need brightness, other times economy.

As fine as it may or may not be, there is a line between flashaholism and neurosis. A flashlight is to create light, not darkness. Enjoy and control your flashaholism, don't let it control you.

dim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts