PT Surge bulb in a Doublebarrel 8AA?

Alexis

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Surge bulb will fit in the Doublebarrel 8AA light? The battery configs are the same.

Thanks

recercare

Enlightened
I don't know, but you'll get a better result by getting a bulb from W.A (1307)....they have a 4.8V/1.1A that fits. (approx 100 lumen ouput)

Gandalf

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alexis:
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Surge bulb will fit in the Doublebarrel 8AA light? The battery configs are the same.

Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No,the Surge lamp has much shorter contacts, and they are closer together. If you were *real* good at soldering, you might be able to solder longer wires on the Surge lamp contacts, but getting a different lamp would be much easier.

And, since I have an 8AA doublebarrel, I'd like to look into the W/A lamp for it. Do they have a website? Thanks.
wink.gif

Alexis

Newly Enlightened
Thanks,

I didn't know you could order direct from W.A. The 4.8v bulb would be perfect with NiMh, but it looks like the life will be significantly reduced at higher voltages. Will any other T2 1/4 bulb from W.A. also fit the DB 8AA? I am looking at the other bulbs with longer lifespans...
http://www.walamp.com/searchresults.asp?fVoltage=&fFilament=&fFilamentType=Length&fCurrentv=&fTDesignation=T2+1%2F4&fWattage=&fBulb=&fColor=&fLife=&fBase=none&fGas=Select&fLumens=& fLumensType=Lumens&fEfficacy=&Search+Now.x=32&Search+Now.y=13http://www.walamp.com/searchresults.asp?fVoltage=&fF ilament=&fFilamentType=Length&fCurrentv=&fTDesignation=T2+1%2F4&fWattage=&fBulb=&fColor=&fLife=&fBase=none&fGas=Select&fLumens=&fLumensType=Lumens&fEfficacy=&Search+Now.x=32&Search +Now.y=13

recercare

Enlightened
No, according to W.A the life of the bulb will not be reduced. If you use NiMH the volatge would be 4.8V, which is perfect. If you use alkalines the 6V will drop to 3.2V within an hour. That means the bulb will both be overvolted and undervolted during a battery set, which will maintain the total life of the bulb.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

WA requires a minimum purchase of US$100, Anybody interested in a group purchase or willing to sell me 2 bulbs? Thanks!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brazooka. Maybe ike will read this and can tell us if there is a distributor that will sell small lots of WA bulbs.
smile.gif
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I am planning to buy a dive light and would like to try the PT Surge. I am not sure if replacement bulbs are available in my country. Can anyone post a picture or give a description of the PT Surge bulb? Thanks

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by citos:
Can anyone post a picture or give a description of the PT Surge bulb? Thanks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Surge bulb is either a T1 3/4 or a T2. I'm not sure which. It has short leads which are about .10" apart. I would estimate the diameter of the leads at .02". The diameter of the bulb is almost 1/4". The bulb without leads is 7/16" long.

Brightguy has them for $5.50 each.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Guy, I thought PT only used flanged bulbs except on the blast. Now I know better