Spend my money!

xpanmanx

Newly Enlightened
Greetings,

My keychain was recently stolen.

My EDC Arc AAA LE is now gone.

Can you suggest a suitable replacement, that may or may not be the new Arc AAA?

For the moment I'm using one of these beauties by Garrity Flashlights.
I've got the green one, $3.78 at Wal*Mart, if you must know.
And yes, I'm a little ashamed of myself :)

Best regards,

Tim ==

Last edited:

xpanmanx

Newly Enlightened
:) I added "that may or may not be the new Arc AAA" at the same time you clicked "Post reply..."

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both Fenix L1P and Arc AAA-P (new version), and I'd suggest the Fenix above the Arc. It's much brighter, has a nicer white color, more bang for the bucks :)

xpanmanx

Newly Enlightened
Am I correct that the L1P is a AA-sized light?

Is L1P noticably larger than the Arc AAA if all I have to go on is memory, ie, I'm not able to hold the 2 lights up against each other?

How does runtime compare between the two?

Is the only difference between the L0P and the L1P the battery, which of course would affect runtime and size?

Where would you recommend that I buy an L1P and how much should I expect to pay?

Thanks!

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix L1P is a AA sized light. The Fenix L0P is a AAA sized light. The Fenix L2P is a 2AA light.

CPF member 4sevens has Fenix threads selling the series.

I have two L0P's on order and have given several L1P's and a L2P as gifts. Fantastic lights IMHO for the money spent.

Fenix L0P

Fenix L1P

I find the Fenix L1P to be too big for keychain carry. I will see how the Fenix L0P is in size when I get it. I will even take some pictures for you (Arc AAA, Fenix L0P, and L1P.)

The issue between the Fenix L0P and Arc AAA is runtime. The Arc AAA will run longer due to being a 5mm (driven too hard IMHO) vs. the L0P's LuxI. I don't use my keychain light often so I am going to go for a Endeavour CR2 Ion which is powered by a CR2 battery running a Cree 8mm LED.

Arc AAA ~$40 for the Premium model and the Fenix L0P is $47.95. The Endeavour CR2 Ion in HA BK/NAT is $145. The Arc AAA and Fenix L0P seem to be comparably prices with the CR2 Ion being a whole different animal.

I am tired of my Arc AAA Limited Edition. It was a great light ~2 1/2 years ago. Now I find that I dislike more and more and want to change it out as soon as budget allows for it. The color of my Arc AAA LE is cat urine green mixed with school bus yellow, not a nice color at all, possibly the LEd being driven so hard its past its 1/2 life. I get about ~11 lux out of the Arc AAA.

Another option now I think about it is the Peak Matterhorn 3 LED.

Peak LED

The lux reading off of the Matterhorn AAA with 3 snow white LED's was ~47. More than 3X that of the Arc AAA. Its not even the brightness, its the color, white as snow.

I stuck the Arc head onto the Peak Matterhorn body and it worked. The same goes for the Matterhorn head onto the Arc AAA body, but the Peak head was bigger than the Arc body and the Peak body was larger than ther Arc head, a mis-match IMHO.

You can always just get another Arc AAA. But there are new contenders in the AAA market, used to be just Arc AAA vs. Mag-lite Solitaire.

SuperNinja

Enlightened
How about this one?

hellokittyled5bg.jpg
:takeit::sold:

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak 3LED/1AAA Hi-Power snow Matterhorn.

Brighter than the Arc, WHITE as snow.

A lithium makes it sing.

You will NOT believe the beautiful, white, THROWING beam for a single AAA.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
I second the Peak 3LED/1AAA Hi-Power snow Matterhorn.

I've had mine (lug style) dangling on my keys for several months now as my EDC backup to my EDC Fenix L1P. Super bright pure white light for a 1AAA.

Here is the one I got.

xpanmanx

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thanks for the custom pictures! I especially like the sideshot of both lights, where I can see my name on the notebook screen :>

I'm trying to decide if the larger size of the L1P is a liability for keychain use. This pic from Craig's site sums it up...
fenix2.jpg

...and of course the L1P is STAGGERINGLY bright compared with the AAA-P.

...and of course I'm comparing apples to oranges, but ain't that fun?

<<edit>> It's done. 1x L1P ordered from FourSevens.

/drooling in anticipation

Last edited:

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
do a bulk order of micro photons off ebay (www.pickeasy.com) they are super bright and super cheap!, im pretty sure it beats your ARC for brightness

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
xpanmanx said:
Wow, thanks for the custom pictures! I especially like the sideshot of both lights, where I can see my name on the notebook screen :>

I'm trying to decide if the larger size of the L1P is a liability for keychain use. This pic from Craig's site sums it up...
fenix2.jpg

You've made a good choice :) It's possible to carry the L1P as a keychain, it won't bother you when it's in your pocket near your keys :)

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
xpanmanx said:

Excellent choice! Check out this thread for some real world beamshots from my L1P.