'Bout killed my neighbor's cat tonight.

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
It's a well known fact how crazy some cats and dogs are about lasers, but I never knew how crazy they could be.

Was goofing off with a laser pointer when I got home tonight, and noticed the neighbor's cat looking awfully interested in what I was doing.

Oh, you know what happened next.

I got that sucker to go up a tree, to jump all over the 'mean' neighbor's car, to do a full three house sprint and to trample another neighbor's flower garden. Must have drilled him for ten intense minutes. :whistle:

Cat looked all shell shocked when he came up to me later, and I felt bad.

Made it up by giving him a stick of beef jerky.

Cat is cool; when I read the newspaper on the back porch he'll come over and hang out with me.

goldenlight

Enlightened
Most cats love laser pointers; it's a great way to excercise indoor only cats, like mine. (I live in the city; too dangerous to let a cat run free around here).

Sounds like you overdid it a bit though! Nice of you to give him a treat, to make up for it.

My cat gets *really* excited when she sees me take the pointer off it's peg. My favorite trick is when she's all tired out, to put the spot right on her paw. She still keeps trying to 'catch' it, though!

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Not just cats, aquarium fishes love it too. Lures out that fish that's been hiding for months.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
SJACKAL said:
Not just cats, aquarium fishes love it too. Lures out that fish that's been hiding for months.

I'll have to try that next time I go fishing! :)

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own a laser pointer right now but any flashlight with a small hotspot has the same effect. Usually, I try to make my cat jump up the wall by shining the light above her just out of reach. :naughty: Sometimes, I spin the light around on the floor and she will appear to be chasing her tail :laughing:

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our stores carry a vendor item in the pet aisle -- a laser pointer "pet toy." Cheapie little thing, but some animals do go bonkers over them. Of course, be careful of their eyes.

My laser pointer was in a backpack that was stolen this summer, but never fear, the wonder dog (it's a wonder she's smart enough to do anything but eat and sleep) loves anything that emits a lightbeam.