Any experience with nuwai 253?

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
Am thinking of this light as a around house light for lots of flood (based on quickbeams review its 36/63 in performance). At 63 for overall wanted to know if the beam pattern was fairly wide with spill enough to serve as a "backyard" flood. I know its not pocket size, but as I said my intended use isn't for pocket carry (I have lots of those thanks to you guys !!). So, thoughts and experiences? Am also considering the SF L5 and L4 for same - more expensive, but closer to pocket size too (with less run time). I have a L2 an know how it throws wall of light, but I have anothe purpose for that right now. So, backyard type of flood is the question (have plenty of throwers, TL-3 etc). thanks

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I don't know about the 253, but I do have the Nuwai ALX-353L! It has 3 output levels with runtimes of 1h 6m, 2h 27m, and 4h 35m! Uses 2x123 batteries. It is marked to be 5w on high output.....it IS one bright sucker!!!

ChopperCFI

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I don't have any experience with the 253 either. If you want a flood like the L4 but for a lot less money, take a look at the Nuwai TM-301X-5. It is not quite as bright as the 253, but the beam spread is much broader. It has become my most used light.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have any experience with the 253, but I have several 352s. Like Roy said, their very bright and have 3 settings. They are also built like a tank. Its beam is a split between throw/flood. The TM301X-5 is all flood and very much much reminds me of the SF L4. Its a great flood light. Good luck in your search.