NEED SOME INPUT WITH MY FIRST MOD

lewi1032

Newly Enlightened
i have a 2dmag right now with 4 123's powering it with a KPR118 BULB from radio shack and i keep blowing them and i have recently learned that that is way to may volts 12v for that bulb... i got the idea from "the poor flashaholics top 10" thread and the post was by cratz2:

"Alternately, you can build the same thing using the 2D body and using 4 123 cells rather than three. Same general thing, but cut the piece of PVC pipe slightly shorter than 4 123 cells. You will need to wrap the pipe around and around with 2 strips of tape of some sort so that it fills up the 2D body without shifting around. And you use a KPR118 bulb rather than the 112 or 113. These are also available at Radio Shack. Then you need to remove the spring and use a certain size of bold, nut and fender washer to make contact with the tailcap. If you want to build this version, I'll get you the sizes of bolts, nuts and fender washers you need."

on that note is there a bulb that i can put in my little 4 123 setup??? or would i be better off using just 3 sticks of 123 and put the kpr118 bulb in a 3C body? would a WA1185 WORK??

and THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT HELP YOU GUYS PROVIDE AND HELP WITH YOU ALL ARE GREAT AND HOPE TO GET TO KNOW YA...
DONNIE
buttrock.gif