Cheers to CPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
(The cheers and jeers forum is in the BST section so I'm posting this here.)

I just wanted to say that after something obscene popped up on the forums, it was taken care of (i.e. deleted and banned) very quickly. I appreciate that very much. Some forums would have left it there and found it hilarious. I just want you guys and gals to know that I appreciate what you all do to make CPF what a great place it is.

I'm proud to say I'm a flashaholic!

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Trust me, I was sitting here reading the forum with my eleven year old daughter and clicked on that "mag 4D review" and was not very happy, I know it was taken care of quickly but that does not change the disruption that ponographic post caused in our house, suffice it to say I will be screening all post before sharing with my family in the future, I thought CPF was a safe haven but unfortunately no place on the net is safe that is open to the public, lesson learned the hard way.

Navck

Enlightened
I was in a 5 minute panic of private messaging every-mod-I-could-see and hoping it could be nuked... Fast response time for 5 minutes still.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose it is impossible to keep out all the smut, but I think CPF has done a pretty good job of keeping this place a healthy forum. :goodjob:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm happy that CPF has good mods and admins to deal with stuff like that quickly, but that kind of garbage ends up on almost every message board sooner or later. What's to panic over? The world won't stop spinning if something like that pops up in front of you. It'll get deleted quickly and everything's back to normal.

Navck

Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
I think of it as vigilance rather than panic. :thumbsup:

When you're a 15(Argh. I keep forgettign my own age... I'm losing time!) year old with a 13 year old friend in the room, you're obviously wanting this topic to be annihlated off the internet right?

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Navck said:
When you're a 15(Argh. I keep forgettign my own age... I'm losing time!) year old with a 13 year old friend in the room, you're obviously wanting this topic to be annihlated off the internet right?

I understand. Thanks for notifying the mods, even if it was a panicky moment.
:thumbsup:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Just one of the "staff" speaking here, but I'd like to add my thanks to you members for watching out and notifiying us as well!

There are but a few Admins and Mods as compared to the 12,000+ members that are registered here at the CPF. Granted not all of those members are "active" but there are plenty present at any one time and it's tough for us to be present 24/7. Your patience in these matters is also appreciated.

Sasha has done an outstanding job putting together a team that lives around the world and hopefully there are a couple of us online at any one time in the different time zones in which we live - but still our actions aren't always instantaneous.

Sometimes I'm trying to work my way through 300+ posts and that takes time...therefore, even when I'm online here, it may be awhile before I either notice a bad post or notification.

Again, the members help a LOT!! :thanks:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
With all due respect why does it matter what that site/post was PSM?

Often times we get links posted that will take one to distasteful sites (we really try not to be "censors" while at the same time keeping the CPF a "family environment"). There are enough other sites for the stuff that we try and keep out of these halls, eh?

More often than not though, language is a common violation, suggestions of illegal activity, cruelty to animals and such.

Navck

Enlightened
If you really want to know, it involved a Mag 4D in places it should never be. Ever. PM me if you didn't really understand that and you're mature enough to handle it.

Edit:Something also says it was a marketing poly. "M*G" "Website advertised"... Etc. Sounds like a forum invasion to me.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Navck said:
If you really want to know, it involved a Mag 4D in places it should never be. Ever. PM me if you didn't really understand that and you're mature enough to handle it.

Edit:Something also says it was a marketing poly. "M*G" "Website advertised"... Etc. Sounds like a forum invasion to me.

:eeew:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Sigman said:
With all due respect why does it matter what that site/post was PSM?

I ment no disrespect, I was just wondering what went on when I was gone, I check the forums several times daily and like to know what goes on. I think I've proven myself around here as a decent guy!! Heck I think I even helped you out the other day. ( Or one of the other mods)

I hate to see people try to ruin the good atmosphere that 99% of the members create on CPF!

So to the 99%, keep it up!!! :thanks:

Status
Not open for further replies.