Open invitation for mtn bike race.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Some of you know that I race mtn bikes.

Well, my little team has sort of fallen apart a little this year. One guy's wife is having a baby, and one guy is getting a little too cheap to pay entry fees, and the 3rd guy wants to go solo.

As such, I am looking for some teammates for a race this May in the Atlanta area. It's the 24 hours of conyers, hosted by grannygear. It's the first time they have hosted one at Conyers.

If you are interested, let me know.

I'm not podium material, but we usually finish in the lower middle. If we were graded, we'd usually be a C-. We go to have a good time, but we do aim to do our absolute best also.

I usually race a 4 man team, but have gone as high as 10 man, and as low as 3 man (yikes!). But 4-5 is where I like to be.

Or, if you have a team, I will join you.

:p

turbodog

Flashaholic
Although, just so I don't sound like a total slug, I have managed to put my scraggly butt on the podium twice. Won some cool stuff too!

Ned-L

Enlightened
turbodog,
I'm interested. What class do you usually race? I haven't entered any mountain bike races in a while, but I ride regularly, do running races, and have done endurance bike racing in the past (Wilderness 101, and a couple of same day 200 mile road races). By what date do we need to commit?

turbodog

Flashaholic
Ned-L said:
turbodog,
I'm interested. What class do you usually race? I haven't entered any mountain bike races in a while, but I ride regularly, do running races, and have done endurance bike racing in the past (Wilderness 101, and a couple of same day 200 mile road races). By what date do we need to commit?

I race 4 races each year, and this is the first one to have different classes.

I guess I would say 4/5 person open class.

Anything over that is suicide, as the local guys can ride the course blindfolded and you will not catch them.

Date? I don't know. I'm just seeing if I can get a team right not. If not, I guess I'll go solo.

I *do* like to be reg'd and paid a month before the race. Conyers is a popular venue, and it comes close to selling out each year.

Peak attendance was about 900 riders, year before last. It rained in 2005, so attendance was down a little.