I wanna buy a Strion

VT-Metal-VT

Newly Enlightened
What do u think about the performances of this light?
The AC charger works only at 110V or there is a version for 220V?

THX

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it's a great little light. Probably the most throw from the smallest package out there and still has good runtime.

My Strion just came with a 110 and a car charger.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
Well, it's a great little light. Probably the most throw from the smallest package out there and still has good runtime.

My Strion just came with a 110 and a car charger.

Ditto! Good runtime with flatter than 123 cell output, at that.

VWTim

Enlightened
I love mine, it's been dropped and thrown and still keeps working. Good runtime, I just wish the output had a few less artifacts...but unless I'm studying walls in the real world it's great.

liquidsix

Enlightened
It depends on what you want it for. If you only need it for short periods of time and you're always near a plugged in charger then it's great (like a cop who's never too far from his cruiser for very long). I personally like my lights for camping, and the strion didn't cut it. It was too short of a runtime with no warning before it died on me. Also, I was dissapointed in the twist on tailcap switch instead of the clicky, but I guess for law enforcement (which is it's intended purpose) that type of switch is better.

For a short while I had both a strion and a scorpion LED, and to my eyes, they both seemed to be about the same brightness for an indoor situation, but over long distances (half a block) I think the strion could reach a bit further because of it's focusable beam.

After seeing the kinds of performance of LED's recently I wanna tell you to buy something with a luxeon star in it (like a Fenix L2P) instead of a battery sucking xenon, but if the point is just to have a nice light regardless of runtime then go for this. It's bright and has a nice feel and weight to it.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I tend to prefer LEDs to incandescents but in order to even approach the throw the Strion offers in such a small package or known reliability but using an LED is going to be twice as much $$$ and it still woulnd't be as easily rechargeable (ie, must remove cells first).

Having said that, if it was up to me an in a mission critical usage, I'd go for an Aleph III with a 3 cell body and two LiONs.

fire-stick

Enlightened
I bought one on ebay a few months ago. This little light is awsome. It's like a 3D maglite on crack in a litlle tiny package! The one I got came with an AC and a DC charger. I paid about $84 for the package; including shipping. The beam artifacts, as mentioned before, are only noticable on walls. The artifacts disapear a little past 25-35 feet and all you see is the hot spot. Which is really small. (or really big depending on how you adjust the head.) On a foggy night it looks like a big light saber. I still get a kick out of that.

Hope that helps..

Scott

CLHC

Flashaholic
I got to see one recently and was pretty impressed with its build and the amount of light it puts out for the size. The place had it sitting on a charger on the counter and it was brand new. Still holding off on that one to wait and see what happens this year. . .