Why being a flashaholic is better than many other things

Navck

Enlightened
You won't trip over the invisible couch that magically comes into your house when you start drinking.

You won't be using money for stupid things. "OH MY GOD DAD I MUST BUY THAT SHIRT! ITS OVER 400 DOLLARS BUT EVERYONE HAS ONE." (Pants being made in a 4th world country and marked up 40000%.)

You won't be caught in a blackout or emergencys without being prepared to a point

(Add to this thread, I'll add my own later when I can think of a few)

mugs

Newly Enlightened
Less money to spend on beer.

Wait... maybe that's a bad thing.

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
...because they're safer than lightsabers...

...because you can't go to jail for illegal possession of a flashlight. Yet...

...because they're a 'functional' hobby...

...because you can jack up the corner of a chevy with one if you need to. Well, okay, the jury's still out on that one...

...because a flashlight collection won't repel women nearly as bad as a shrunken head collection...

carrot

Flashaholic
Sleestak said:
...because they're safer than lightsabers...
I think if we could get lightsabers, everyone on CPF would have one. Myself included... heheh.

... because alcoholism won't banish the scary night monsters under the bed.

Fat_Tony

Enlightened
...driving under the influence of flashahol is not a crime...

...being a flashoholic does not give you gin blossoms...

...flashahol will not make you slur your speech...

...you can go check out what that strange noise was with your newest flashlight...

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
carrot said:
I think if we could get lightsabers, everyone on CPF would have one. Myself included... heheh.

Ha! Yea, I think you're right. That'd be the group buy to end all group buys.

There might be a lot of confusion at first, what with everyone wanting different colors, and don't you just *know* that there would be a few holdouts for UV lightsabers. :laughing:

vtunderground

Enlightened
PhotonWrangler said:
I don't know what a gin blossom is, and I'm sort of afraid to ask!

That's when blood vessels in the nose are damaged by roseacea, aggrevated by excessive alcohol consumption.

carrot

Flashaholic
Sleestak said:
Ha! Yea, I think you're right. That'd be the group buy to end all group buys.

There might be a lot of confusion at first, what with everyone wanting different colors, and don't you just *know* that there would be a few holdouts for UV lightsabers. :laughing:

Tactical vs clicky style switch... hmm... all I know is I'd want mine to have a lockout tailcap... ouch. I want one with a silver beam. Darn, now I want to play KOTOR on my Xbox.

tygger

Enlightened
what would you do with your lightsaber?

i'd like to pre-order a green lightsaber with clickie tail cap. (with safety lock out or course) don't want it activating while in my pocket.

i think i'd use mine for yard work. you know, hedge trimming, large branch removal, etc. maybe even some metal work.

i bet a keychain sized lightsaber would really be a big seller. nice size for everyday tasks. couldn't open mail with it though....

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sleestak: you know, I've always wanted a collection of shrunken heads, or at least realistic ones. I like that kind of "creepy" stuff. I always liked horror movies and halloween as a kid. I think it'd be cool to have a secret wall in your house that opened to another room all decked out in old style creepy mansion tales from the crypt style. Bring over some friends and "accidently" discover it wiht them around. Then use your flashlights to light up something spooky in the room!! hehe.

A flashlight hobby is better than a hot rod one in that you don't go through gas and tires as much. But I'd say the fun factor/adrenaline is missing too though. Ah heck a flashlight hobby is bad because I already have many other hobbies and it's one that costs money too! It can help you out in emergency though...