24 - The 5th Season

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to be well made, dramatic, suspenseful, love the soundtrack and sound effects. Haven't seen any flashlights yet...

One problem:

How come everyone has a cell phone except Jack Bauer's Girlfriend and her kid? The kid can't call him in the airport to warn him? That would have been faster than running inside. She can't call him inside the Airport? Or call her kid? She doesn't know Jack's cell#? The only way Jack can talk to her is if someone nearby has a phone?

Jack Bauer must have a zillion contacts. I bet he spends half his day checking his voice mail for important messages. Does his phone ever lose power?

And didn't you want to hear the first lady scream?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
My favorite show. I record it then fast forward through the commercials.

Jack shoots enough people that he doesn't need a flashlight. He uses his muzzle flash for illumination.

Is the bad guy in the White House the VP or someone else?

I love Cloe. She's just weird enough to be the perfect computer nerd.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
Those kinds of shows are always going to be slightly unbelievable, but I think 24 is one the best shows on the air.

LMU

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
I thought it was interesting when Jack was in the ceiling in the airport terminal on the phone with Chloe O'Brian and decided to take a picture of one of the terrorists how he was able to "magically" send the photo to her specific terminal at CTU.

I was surprised they killed off David Palmer and Michelle Dessler right in the first 30 minutes of Sunday nights episode.

Jack Bauer is a bad ***...i can't wait for the rest of the season to unfold. I love this show.

my name is fake

Enlightened
we on this side of the world will probably have to wait one whole year before we get to see Season 5...

unless of course, we go the ..uh..alternative routes...:whistle:

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was all over it lastnight and tonight. The TV was strictly mine. A bad weatherstorm was actually on its way here (still is) in Texas and I was ready for it. Having sattelite I figured it was going to go dead, and it did, but the bunny ears were there for backup and ready to go. Had it all said up for a quick cord change long before the show aired.

I was expecting the First Lady's aid gal to have secretly been given the proof document, but it appears as though the presidents little squirt got the real thing according to the previews of next weeks show. One thing I disliked, was this new guy at CTU...who the heck does he think he is??! I know, he did some good, but still, he is quite a, eh...
Good premeire I must say. Hopefully I am not blowing the story up for anyone who hasnt seen it. I dont think anything I said has. I hope we all enjoy this new season of ultra cool horrible scenarios and dramatic timing :D

Cameron

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

I love that show. But I missed the first episode that played today(episode 3).

Like "my name is fake", I may have to use alternative methods to see it, unless there are reruns this week.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
DieselDave said:
My favorite show. I record it then fast forward through the commercials.

Jack shoots enough people that he doesn't need a flashlight. He uses his muzzle flash for illumination.

Cheers to FX for mercifully short commercial breaks!! Notice clohe's 'old' dye job? She hasn't been prepped in the stage salon to look like a news anchor- great! Who is that bad guy? He has all the plasma screens like the CTU headquarters. I don't think the writers made a good choice by having the president involved in the conspiracy. There's enough anarchy/terrorism in the world... the president doesn't need to resort to that.

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will be a while before I'm able to see it, but I sure hope it will be a lot better than the 4th season because that sucked big time.

Sigbjoern

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
The new CTU head guy's real name is 'Sean Astin' and for those that might remember he played Mikey Walsh in 'The Goonies' back in 1985. As soon as i saw him i thought about that show and it just didn't seem right that he was at CTU.

KingSmono

Enlightened
DieselDave said:

HAHAHAHA, that's hilarious! I believe he's just one of the presidents advisors. And Chloe's just about the worst actor I've ever seen! But, I can't imagine that role being played by anyone else. :shrug:

iNDiGLo said:
I thought it was interesting when Jack was in the ceiling in the airport terminal on the phone with Chloe O'Brian and decided to take a picture of one of the terrorists how he was able to "magically" send the photo to her specific terminal at CTU.

Hahaha, I thought the same thing! My roommate was like, wouldn't he need her IP Address or something to do that?? :p

iNDiGLo said:
The new CTU head guy's real name is 'Sean Astin' and for those that might remember he played Mikey Walsh in 'The Goonies' back in 1985. As soon as i saw him i thought about that show and it just didn't seem right that he was at CTU.

What about RUDY! Or Samweise Gimgy??? (spelling?) He's a hard@ss, but he gets things done, in a very professional manner! He wasn't rude, he was respectful, but I'll admit, I was routing for Bill to punch him in the face when he comandeered his office! :)

24 is my all-time favorite show! I can't wait to see how the rest of the season unfolds. Yes, parts of it are HIGHLY unbelievable, but they're exciting! And Jack Bauer is one bad dude... who you don't wanna mess with!

Do you guys remember that time a couple seasons ago, where he was tortured to death?? And then they brought him back to life?? And like an episode later, he was kicking everyone's butts in this dramatic shoot-out?? It was so funny, because we were watching it thinking... Umm... less than an hour ago, he was clinically dead! And now look at him go! haha :)

-Allen

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened

I'm pretty sure he just e-mailed her the photos. No technical problems there, I'm sure she can pull her e-mail up from any terminal.

Stretching the technical believeability was CTU being able to identify the switches used to detonate the explosives, from a crappy cell phone camera shot. Must have some serious image enhancement software!

KingSomono, what exactly is wrong with Chloe's acting? Does she not come across as a computer nerd with little people skills?

Speaking about previous seasons, remember when Jack assaulted the base where they held Audrey Rains and her father? The attack on the base reminded me of playing Delta Force. Thought it was one of the best 10 minutes of all the seasons.

KingSmono

Enlightened
Ras_Thavas said:
KingSomono, what exactly is wrong with Chloe's acting? Does she not come across as a computer nerd with little people skills?

Speaking about previous seasons, remember when Jack assaulted the base where they held Audrey Rains and her father? The attack on the base reminded me of playing Delta Force. Thought it was one of the best 10 minutes of all the seasons.

Actually, to me, Chloe just comes across as a bad actor, trying to be a computer nerd with little people skills. :shrug: I can't pinpoint it, but she just irritates me... heh - I was happy when she got fired last season, but then she got called back in... doh!

And yes, that was a great scene! At the other end of the spectrum (from Chloe...) Audrey Raines father, (the Secretary of Defense... don't remember his name in the show, or his name in real life) is an absolutely AMAZING actor!!!

Knifemaster

Newly Enlightened
24 is one of the best shows on TV along with Monk and BSG. I had a laugh when I saw the FAT HOBBIT:popcorn: enter and take over CTU.

I am quite surprised that there isn't more talk about Jack's gear I loved his BOB anyone know what it is.:xyxgun:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watched the second season, and ever sense, I couldnt stop.... It isnt overly dramatic, but it is still very exciting. I did think they could have used a diffent character other than Samwize Gamgey, but nevertheless, it worked. Now, lets see if I can get a glimse of those lights :)

-David

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think you have to be a big expert to know that Jack saying he's in a "flank two" position is some sort of coded message. I think he said it three or four times. I think CTU should have picked up on that without the annoying guy's help.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
The one I found very irritating was the dweeb whose mother got caught up and died in the nuke incident, I think it was last year. He kept sabotaging stuff to get his mother evacuated even though she was a goner anyway. Can't remember his name, he was one of the geek squad.

I dunno what was wrong with last season, I thought it was great.

LMU