Golden Globes

magic79

Enlightened
My wife had on the Golden Globe Awards last night...while I played on the computer.

I know a lot of people love those and the Academy Awards, but I just don't see it. It's more of a narcisist convention to me.

I'd rather watch the Bank of America Branch Manager Awards than either of these...at least those folks work for a living.

Am I completely out of touch with "entertainment"?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are, so am I!!

My teenage son said, "so basically, this is a bunch of movie people giving other movie people awards, right? Seems a little egotistical, doesn't it?"

Out of the mouths of babes!! Well maybe teenagers, but still!!

I liked it when George C. Scott told them to take the Academy Award because it was just a bunch of actors giving other actors awards!!

And then movies that nobody really wants to see, well almost nobody anyway, win all the awards. Isn't the reason they make movies is so people will watch them? How many people are going to go watch a love story movie about two gay cowboys? Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like this isn't going to be a blockbuster!!!!

Bill

MScottz

Newly Enlightened
When they aren't too busy with their I Love Me speeches, they start in on all the uber-liberal drivel.....and they just can't understand why people aren't watching as many movies as they used too....:shakehead