creating space in battery end of Maglite mod of 3D

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
i remember seeing a thread today about fitting some stuff into the back end of a maglite. im not that great with flashoholism wording but here it goes. im not sure if this is the same, but would it be possible to use an adpater that fits 3AA into 1D space and then using that and then cutting the rest of the mag and making an end cap for it that will also fit the remaining part of the mag that you cut and then you can screw all 4 pieces together? it would be pretty wide and useful i suspect.

i was also wondering if anyone would be able to do this?(the cutting, making the center cap, and threading of the new parts) thanks!:faint:

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the cap is the negative electrical path, I suspect the easiest way to do such a mod is to take a stock tailcap and thread the OD where the knurling is. Then simply thread on another piece of pipe. That way you still have an electrically sound Mag Lite on one end, and a variety of things on the other end. (But you'd still have to use at least a 2D sized light unless you cut it down.)

KSH92474

Newly Enlightened
does anyone know what i will need to get done in order for it to work the way i want? im not so good with the flasholism terminology