Two GID items no house should be without:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
canon610174.jpg

IMG_0343.jpg

I didn't think it would be right to post the seat that is being used.

Somehow, this wastebasket THINKS it's a light!

Sleestak

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm...

GID toilet seat, huh?

Tell me, how bright is that sucker at, say, the four hour mark? Middle o' the night toileting? Does it preserve a goodly bit of glow for that long, or does it fade rapidly? Hard to tell by the pic, but I assume that it has a 'lid' as well?

Reasonably well made?

I work in healthcare, and I'm seriously thinking about potential applications for patients here...:)

RadarGreg

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
I could use the wastepaperbasket here, but I don't think my housemate would approve of changing the seat on his toliet bowl.

I would think it is your duty to the world to evaluate this product! At least when you threaten to dunk it in the toilet to check the watertight integrity, you won't have far to throw it, hehe.

OddBall

Newly Enlightened
Sleestak, shoot me a pm if you want a price on some GID dunny seats - I get microbial ones so they would be right up your alley!

Cheers!

Tim.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I have had the GID seat in use for years now. It glows just like any other object. It is bright at first, but fades quickly. I like to have some light when I use the bathroom, not just the glow of the seat. If the power was out you would have a flashlight, so it wouldn't matter.

It's funny.

The lid and all plastic parts are GID. It is made like any other seat- tough.