CNN - Dogs and Flashlight save man's life

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
There's a video clip currently on CNN's website about a man who passes out in a field walking his dogs. The one dog lies on the man to keep him warm and the other one puts the flashlight in his mouth and starts moving his head. A LEO nearby see a light flickering in the distant as he is administering a speeding ticket on the side of the road. Turns out the man was a diabetic and passed out. The officer credits the dogs with saving the man's life. He never would have noticed the situation if the dog had not been holding the flashlight due to the rural setting.

Sorry no news on what type of flashlight.

jbay

Newly Enlightened
Both the dogs were Labs . My Max is a Lab and I asked her if she would do that for me and she wagged her tail and licked me. Great dogs and good story. :clap:

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dogs can surprize you with what they figure out.

I was sick once, really feeling terrible. My German shepherd left my side at one point, found my hand lens that I use for rouckhounding, and brought it to me. He laid it down by my side and "rooted" my arm with his snout to get my attention. I figure he was bringing me one of my toys to make me feel better.

Scott

Raccoon

Enlightened
This thing...
Master gets us home with it.
Maybe if I hold it like this... it can take us home.
*grabs flashlight in maw*
C'mon stupid thing... take Master home!

"Well would you look at that? You dogs saved his life!"

It's amazing how quick dogs mimic human behavior in times of need.
I really wonder what goes on inside their head.

PS. I wish someone would start a kennel and genetic bank of amazing dogs. From heroic police dogs to these guys, then breed them all together creating hundreds of blood lines of super intelligent dogs, constantly adding to the gene pool whenever stories like this crop up. The project should pay for itself through dog sales, and we might gleen some insight into the genetic traites that foster intelligent thinking.

Last edited:

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raccoon said:
PS. I wish someone would start a kennel and genetic bank of amazing dogs. From heroic police dogs to these guys, then breed them all together creating hundreds of blood lines of super intelligent dogs, constantly adding to the gene pool whenever stories like this crop up. The project should pay for itself through dog sales, and we might gleen some insight into the genetic traites that foster intelligent thinking.

Hrmmmm, (evil scientist laugh)... now THAT is a PLAN!

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story. If I'm not at work, I almost always EDC 2 dogs. As you can see in the 3rd photo, my truck is doggie configured.

DixieandKaiser.jpg

Cimg0001.jpg

Cimg0002.jpg

Dixie.jpg

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
What a heartwarming story. Raccoon, I think you're right; the dog probably associated the flashlight with home and safety and tried to mimic his master.

Your dog wants a Beast. :laughing:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I saw this on Fox news while on the Stairmaster today. :sick2:

It is really an amazing story. Bennie, my Springer Spaniel is an flashaholic. When ever I pull out my light his tail wags, he likes to chase the beam where ever I shine it.

Heres Bennie:
beene6fu.jpg

I would seriously put my life in his hands, he is the smartest dog Ive ever known.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard this story earlier today but didn't realize it was so close... Centerton is between where I used to live (Martinsville) and where I now live (Indianapolis).

Amazing!

Now we just need to come up with a flashlight that senses when it's being held in a dogs mouth and goes into strobe mode to be even more attention-getting.

icon10.gif

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
jbay said:
Both the dogs were Labs . My Max is a Lab and I asked her if she would do that for me and she wagged her tail and licked me. Great dogs and good story. :clap:

Hmmmm......both dogs were Labs.
Labs rock!:rock:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dogs are from god i know they are i miss my criiters so much. but i had a fox freind at park but he isnt there no more but i still have all the geese but there kinda dum

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
I saw this on Fox news while on the Stairmaster today. :sick2:

It is really an amazing story. Bennie, my Springer Spaniel is an flashaholic. When ever I pull out my light his tail wags, he likes to chase the beam where ever I shine it.

Heres Bennie:
beene6fu.jpg

I would seriously put my life in his hands, he is the smartest dog Ive ever known.
cool how you caught that squirrel in mid dive!

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
my mom has a small young beautiful blonde female lab that just loves me - her name is molly

the dog practically licks/mauls me to death every time I see her - kinda embarrassing - will not leave me alone.

my mom get's very jealous and yells at the beautiful dog.

I have seen her pet the dog once.

I used to take the dog on long walks and when I go to the store for my mom I take molly in the car with me.

mom has too many animals.

next time she get's mad and offers molly to me - she will be mine.

my girlfriend may get jealous ha ha.