Garrity LED lightsticks?

vic303

Enlightened
Saw white & green LED light sticks (think chemlight but with LEDs) at Walmart today for under 3$ each. On/off twistie switch, and some sort of cheapo pocket clip. Did not say what batteries it takes but I'm guessing coin cells AG3 maybe? 24hr+ runtime listed on package. Does not appear to be user-replacable on the battery--at least not intended to be I think.

Anybody tried these out yet or disassembled any?

Empath

Flashaholic
They're intended to be disposable, since battery replacement isn't intended by design. The sleeve works excellent slipped over an Arc AAA, and permits you to use the AAA like you would a chemical lightstick. It makes for an interesting altrnative to a Sauce lightstick when you use it on an Arc RGB AAA.

SuperNinja

Enlightened
Vistawholesale also sells them pretty cheap.

The ones they sell use replacable batteries (three LR44).

And you can take the "[font=Arial, Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica]Has a Convenient Twist On/Off Switch and a Handy Integrated Clip" in their description with a grain of salt.
The ones I received looked a little different and were a little nicer than the one in their picture. They had a clicky button that would switch between
[/font]
[/font]multiple settings (solid on, slow flashing, fast flashing, etc.), a pocket clip, and multicolored lanyard.

http://vistawholesale.zoovy.com/product/FLUORESCENTSTICK

Last edited:

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought at least 30 of those when walmart had them a year ago marked down to a dollar each. Gave a good handfull to my folks and kept some for myself. I have them hanging on the switch on my hvac vents in my rooms so I can turn them on whenthe power fails to see. Its also fun to light one up and twirll it around in circles or figure 8 patterns. Ive never tried to replace the batteries in them, but I am pretty sure its possible, likely not economical. You can pull the plastic tube off the lamp assembly too if interested, you will hear some cracking and crunching sound doing so. I think it will slip on the head of a dorcy 1aaa light if I am not mistaken. They use either a red, white or blue led. THe green one uses a blue led too. The white ones last the shortest, the green/blue one the longest. The red one is not that bright os useful after a few hours.