newbie, Xtreme Lite Luxeon 5W LED vs hds edc u85

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am another newbie to your lovely world here, and was wondering if anyone had comparison photos of these two diffrent flashlights.

http://store.advancedmart.com/lu5wledalfl1.html

and the hds edc u85

reason i ask is curious to see how much the extreme light is overated "claiming 120 lumens" but hds is a well known company in flashlights...

I am deciding what flashlight im going to get with my tax return

or maybe giving a detailed explanation of what i looking for may lead to other suggestions. "I know everyones pretty fond of surefire" and there not bad but I own the surefire digital lumimax L4 and unfortunetly isn't enough light for my applications.

anyways heres what I'm looking for.

1.size doesnt matter to me to aqquire what i need. "as long as same or less size than a mag 3d"

2.need absolute brightness my vision is bad and need it from everything from working on my vehicle to doing my job. "to me no such thing as to much light"

3. needs to have an excellent throw distance, I work security at a big warehouse with distances spanning 200' inside and out in a not so decent city so peace of mind knowing i can see everything from front to end of the building is a must.

4. and last but not least I am very partial to luxeons.

alrighty thats it for now ill give your eyes a rest. :grin2:

anyways also lights i currently own

1. dorcy 1watt luxeon 3aaa

2. brinkmann rebel 2d 4led

3. thor x 10 million candle power "not in my opinion"

4. taskforce 3w luxeon

5. brinkmann rebel 2aa led

6. two 80 lumen cyclops xenon tatical flashlights 2 CR123 3V

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Xtreme Lite 5w isn't going to put out any more light than your L4, unless you've got an awful L4. Neither will the HDS. The HDS will almost certainly throw farther than you L4, but, over all, it'll probably put out less light. You might want to look into a multi LED light. A custom made one, perhaps. (Elektrolumens, Icarus)

Last edited:

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
thanks i'll look into them. and in all honesty the l4 is nice bright white light the throw just isn't for me. thanks again.

Latest posts