3x "T" Bin, D2DIM, 15mw Greenie :)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just completed this light. It was one of thise 3 hour projects turned into 20. I still need to put the right color tailswitch cap on.

IMG_1697-vi.jpg

IMG_1698-vi.jpg

IMG_1701-vi.jpg

IMG_1731-vi.jpg

IMG_1732-vi.jpg

IMG_1733-vi.jpg

IMG_1752-vi.jpg

IMG_1758-vi.jpg

IMG_1761-vi.jpg

IMG_1768-vi.jpg

IMG_1771-vi.jpg

IMG_1773-vi.jpg

IMG_1793-vi.jpg

IMG_1795-vi.jpg

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice looking... I love how the bezel looks slightly different than the polished head... Is the bezel stainless?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
Very nice looking... I love how the bezel looks slightly different than the polished head... Is the bezel stainless?

The bezel is polished with a brushed type finished head. Both where polished but I scratched the head and just put a brushed finish on it.I forgot about the Bezel :)

Mac

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice touch wiht painting the heatsink black. I wish I would of thought of that on mine! (miens in a black mag!).

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman said:
So there's a green laser coming out from between the three reflectors?

Yes :)

Thanks for the comment Isaac, I always disliked the the look of the raw heatsink and made sure I remebered to take care of that. I used a textured black paint.

Mac

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mac, That looks really cool!

Just couple notes if you do one or two more ;)
Mask the side wall and bottom edge of the heatsink. AA is better than paint in thermal conductivity.
You might want to watch out for that sharp slot (lazer switch).

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modamag

Everything was masked except for the top surface of the tri-sink so the paint was for appearence only. That Slot was never intended to be there. My *Plan* was to just spot face the area where the switch went but somehow the light was crooked in the vise and hench the slot that is now there :)It is debured so that it is not sharp.

Mac

Last edited:

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Will these be offered for sale, if so, Paypal SENT! +AWESOME+ aesthetics, where is the greenie hiding? I'd love this combo myself. Wanna sell or build another send me a PM and the delivery truck will drop off another pallet o unmarked bills ;) I'm serious

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice mod. :thumbsup:
:thinking:... What kind of laser are you using?

wtraymond

Enlightened
Excellent work Chris.

What do all the buttons do? I'm guessing the normal button turns on the LEDs and the new button above it activates the laser. What does the tailcap switch do?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
The stock button activates the D2DIM, the Black Mini operates the laser and the Tailcap Switch kills power to the laser and D2DIM. The D2DIM draws even when the light is off.

Mac

Latest posts