A2 doesn't work!!!!

switchoff

Newly Enlightened
I just received my new SF A2 and only the LEDs work, I can't get the incand. to light up. Is this a problem with the tailcap or something else? I guess I'll be calling SF customer service tomorrow :awman:

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
Might be the batteries. That same behavior will happen with batteries that are too low. The LEDs will come on fine, but the lamp won't at all.

Scott

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LA could be bad too. Try removing the tailcap and closing the electrical path with a screw driver or something. If it lights up, it's the switch. If it doesn't, it's the LA.

I think.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like others said, don't trust that the batteries it came with are good; try new batteries first.

Next, make sure the bezel is screwed all the way down to ensure proper contact.

Next, like Chop said, remove the tailcap and use a piece of wire to connect the battery to the shiny part on the threads to see if the incandescent will light up.

If none of these troubleshooting tips work, then SF should be able to take care of you. :)

switchoff

Newly Enlightened
Well I've tried all your suggestions and I guess it's the LA. When I press the tail-cap button a little, the LEDs light up a bit. When I press it down harder, the LEDs glow a little bit BRIGHTER, but the incand. doesn't light up.

When I used the screwdriver trick, the incand. doesn't light up, only the LEDs.

I'm curious, will SF honor the warranty on this new flashlight if I am in Canada?

Thanks

AlienRFX

Newly Enlightened
switchoff said:
I'm curious, will SF honor the warranty on this new flashlight if I am in Canada?

Thanks
Well I should think so, seeing as they have lights being used all across the world by US military personel, and I know that company wouldn't leave them hanging. So I'm pretty sure that they'll take care of you.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just give them a call, they will probably put a replacement lamp in the post for you. :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to worry. I am in Singapore and they honored their warranty to me the last time I called so I don't see any reason why they would not do so for you. Just call the customer service to get an RA number before sending it to them. If it is only a problem with the lamp assembly SF might even send you a new lamp assembly without you sending the whole light back but I am only guessing and did not imply that SF will actually do that.