isolated island with no stuff for moDs...aww....only 18

smurf_boi

Newly Enlightened
okay...
i live on an island "Mauritius"...i've just turned 18 and i've got only a few light...cuz the only light available here are Mags(pretty expensive...a macharger costs 6000Rupees which converted in US$ is = to $200....so yea...i've got a Mag 2D and i'd like to mod it....but again...nothing available here...and my parents wouldn't want me to spend their money on those "Crap"/"useless" stuff...i don't have a credit card...(what's the paypal stuff abt??,how do u send a paypal??)as i said,no parts available here...no heatsinks,no batteryholders or LUXEON LEDS available....well...i'd like something cheap...i can do some soldering or stuff...just simple stuff:)....hope u can help...cuz my MaG 2D stinks!...thanks

Brian K

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can get mail, you can order everything that you need to mod flashlights on line. A paypal account will make this possible.

Go to www.paypal.com and sign up. You'll need a banking account and a credit card. Well, that's what I used anyway. You may not even need that. With paypal, you can send online payments to vendors and it's just as good as, if not better than, sending a check.

If you want to upgrade that Mag light, go to the Sandwiche Shoppe at www.theledguy.com you should be able to find everything you'll need there.

As for the actual upgrading, there are quite a few posts here regarding that. Have a look around.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Or, if you have no access to a credit card (thus no possibility for paypal) you can likely send 'international money orders' from your post office. In the US, an international money order costs $3 or $4 and is cashable at most places in the world.

No idea what you are wanting to do, but the easiest and one of the cheapest and most cost-effecitve mods is to use either a 3 C or D cell Maglite and put in a Lux I LED either from Diamond or a Craftsman Lux light. On 3 D cells, these will give you a day of runtime with good brightness followed by over another day of usable light.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can make payments via bank draft as well if paypal isn't available. Western Union, Money Gram etc, are a last resort as their prices suck. ($15US for me)