Problems flying with a flashlight

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
No, no problems with security. Like always that went fine. The problem is as I got off my flight, I was pretty exhausted from all the travelling I have been doing, I either left my A2 in the seat back pouch or it fell out of my pocket and was laying on the seat. In either case, I left it on the plane :( :(

It has white LEDs. I was planning to get a red LED version this weekend and have that too. Now I guess I will have a red one by itself for a while :(

78CJ5

Newly Enlightened
Bummer and sorry,

I almost lost one this past weekend. I went to REI and bought some parachute cord. I am going to make some simple lanyards and tie my lights to myself.

Safety1st

Enlightened
Contact the airline ASAP...

The seats and such like are checked before the plane is 'turned around'...and Left items are always stored in lost property...

Airlines often expect 'integrity tests', so it's unlikely a Steward/ess will have pocketed your flashlight..

Phone them up and report it...you have nothing to lose and a flashlight to gain...

Good Luck..

CostcoAAcells

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about your loss, Gadget. Losing something like that would leave me feeling pretty sick. And annoyed that somebody, other than me, is enjoying a free Surefire.

I'm normally not a neck lanyard kind of a guy. But I am when I fly on airlines. Just having it around my neck, saves me the trouble of having to reach down under the seat to get to my carry-on luggage when I need a light. And I can also get to my light with a minimal of body movement--so I don't disturb my neighboring passengers--and so I don't get myself airsick from moving around too much. The light and lanyard hide under the shirt, so as not to attract stares.

Hope somebody is honest and your light turns up for you.

- Frank

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Safety1st said:
Contact the airline ASAP...

The seats and such like are checked before the plane is 'turned around'...and Left items are always stored in lost property...

Airlines often expect 'integrity tests', so it's unlikely a Steward/ess will have pocketed your flashlight..

Phone them up and report it...you have nothing to lose and a flashlight to gain...

Good Luck..

Thanks for the suggestion. I did call but unfortunately I couldnt do it right away. I was on a flight from SAN-LAX when I lost it and realized after I we had taken off on the LAX-IAD red-eye. I called the next day. Hoping for the best but not expecting much.

Raccoon

Enlightened
Speed is a non-issue. Lost & Found items often sit in a box in a closet for 90 days before employees can start taking stuff home. :) In any event, if the light was nice, there are probably several people keeping a close eye on it for you (because they each want first dibs).

My dad has worked at Ohare Chicago for 35+ years. He brings home all sorts of nice things. :D

drmaxx

Enlightened
GadgetTravel said:
Hoping for the best but not expecting much.
My wife left her entire purse on a flight to Dallas-FW. It was found by a stewardess, they checked my wifes flight schedule and on her next flight the captain handed the purse over to my very surprised wife - who expected not to see neither the purse nor the content ever again.
Good things happen - there is hope. Good luck!

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Raccoon said:
Speed is a non-issue. Lost & Found items often sit in a box in a closet for 90 days before employees can start taking stuff home. :) In any event, if the light was nice, there are probably several people keeping a close eye on it for you (because they each want first dibs).

My dad has worked at Ohare Chicago for 35+ years. He brings home all sorts of nice things. :D

Well, I did call and report it. I guess it is waiting time now.

I bought a YG A2 today. Still playing around with it to see how I like the YG. I had planned on a red but the didnt have one, and I just got a red X5 anyways so I thought I would try the YG. I didnt want to get another white one yet, not that I am superstitious ;)

frisco

Enlightened
Hey Gadget... sorry about your loss. I have re-thunk my Travel Lights. For carry on I have Photon and Photon clones hooked to my camera bag and computer bag. In my camera bag I carry a E2E and in a side pocket I carry a Fenix L1P (2-stage) I only use the Fenix on the plane if I need a light. The low power on the L1P works great on a night flight when interior lights are out. The Surefire is only coming out if there is a emergency situation. When I get off the plane I only have to check on two things.... my iPod Nano and my Fenix. I bought the White iPod Nano so I could see it if I had left it on a seat. I wish my Fenix was Silver.
If I lose a Fenix, I would be bumbed for a little while.... but if I lost a Surefire (sorry gadget) I would probably never forget it.

I have about 20-30 good travel tips I'll share someday.

frisco

Last edited:

laserbokkie

Newly Enlightened
what can i say, i/m sorry mate!

i also felt like the dumbest guy ever when i lost my m3....ordered a new one from opticshq, very fast shipping on their side...but....noone knows where my shipment with my new m3 happens to be..last known position was the departure from the states.......