Fenix LOP came today!

mr_bb

Newly Enlightened
Haven't had it but a few minutes, but my first impression is - impressive!

About the same diameter as my arc clone (dont have an Arc yet) and about 3/8" longer. Will get lost in the pocket. Beam comparisons to L1P are similar in tint with the LOP having a tighter hotspot. Amazingly bright for a single AAA. All it needs is a two stage mod if possible but if not I'm still happy with it.

Chris201W

Enlightened
mr_bb said:
Beam comparisons to L1P are similar in tint with the LOP having a tighter hotspot.
Ugh, tighter hotspot? A light this size and brightness is for close to medium range...at that distance I prefer a smooth flood...

I don't want a light that can't throw to try...

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
I'd say smaller hotspot, not tighter. It is far less bright than the L1P, but it is way brighter than my Peak Matterhorn 3LED Ultra Power. I think the Peak is better finished, but the L0P is still an impressive little light. I never thought such a shallow reflector would work well, but it does!

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't get mine, :awman: Strange Mesa AZ is just aroud the corner from Atlanta GA so whats the deal. :huh2: I'm sure it will be sometime next week.

Some beam shots would be nice

Wal44

Newly Enlightened
Mine came today too. Great service from 4sevens.

Some comments:

Workmanship seems very good. Looks nice and will stand on its tailcap with ease.

Size is very slightly larger than either a Peak Matterhorn or ARC. Close enough in size that I can't tell any difference in my pocket.

Brightness (with a new Energizer Alkaline) is far brighter than the Peak Matterhorn 3 LED Ultra. Not even close. Almost, but not quite as bright as my JIL DD, but it does have a wider sidespill. About half as bright as my L1P (with Energizer Alkaline).

Overall, the L0P is the best single AAA light I've ever seen. If I didn't have the JIL DD, I'd use the L0P as my EDC. However, for now, I'll stay with the Jil as I think it has a much longer battery life. The L0P is a great backup though.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
colubrid said:
Mine came today to.

the clip is pretty cool looking but I have not attached it yet.

You got a clip?! WTG!!!

planex

Newly Enlightened
Mine came today as well. Nice light. Very bright. It does warm up a fair amount due to its tiny size. After about 30 min of use I measured a temp of 104F near the head. This is to be expected for a small light of this size and is absolutely no problem. In fact, it makes a nice hand warmer on a cold day:)

jclarksnakes

Enlightened
I got mine in the mail yesterday. I am HIGHLY impressed with this light. The beam is like an L1P beam but it has a larger less bright spill beam and also a larger and less intense central hot spot. This is a very usable beam. The light with battery weighs 1.0 ounce compared to 0.8 ounce for my Arc AAA-P. It seems just a little too large to be a key chain light. It does however seem like the perfect size for pocket carry. Initially the threads were a little too stiff for one handed operation of the twisty head. After a little working in with a drop of oil it is fairly easy to turn on and off one handed. The fit and finish are very nice. It would not take much for this light to go into the rotation with my L1P and Amilite Neo T3 and Peak CPF Special as an every fourth day carry. Actually this will be the light I have in my pocket when wearing slacks and the L1P or Amilite or Peak will be in my pocket when wearing jeans or hiking shorts.
jc

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is sounding great. If someone comes up with a 2-level mod I'd order one in a second. Or even a mod to the circuit to reduce the current a bit (100mA to the LED would be perfect for me).

Greg

kip

Newly Enlightened
Colubrid- What camera & settings did you use for those shots? They look awesome. Nice work.
-K

Yooper

Enlightened
Got mine today too. It will be on my keychain for now, at least until my Arc AAA-P gets here (shipped yesterday!). Not nearly as bright as my L1P, hotspot is exactly the same size as the L1P's, not quite as white as the L1P, the spill is larger but not as bright as the L1P. Mine is very easy to turn on with one hand, and compared to my Fauxton it's MUCH easier to find on my keychain with one hand in total darkness, which is usually when I need a keychain light - inside my garage with the lights off when my other hand is full of stuff as I walk up to my vehicle.

I'll post beamshots of the L1P, L0P, and Arc AAA-P soon after the Arc arrives...

The Fauxton is staying on the keychain as a backup because it it so tiny and nearly weightless.

WDR65

Enlightened
Has anybody tested the LOP against the Streamlight Keymate. I realize that the Keymate would probably be a lot dimmer in comparison, but before I bite the bullet and order and LOP I just wanted to make sure I would be gaining enough to jusify the expense.

CEJ

Newly Enlightened
l0pvskeymate6pb.jpg

top : L0P
bottom : Keymate

Last edited:

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regarding the Keymate/LOP photos.

Where the pics taken on auto or manual ? I would think the Keymate would be much less bright.

CEJ

Newly Enlightened
manual.
yes L0P is much brighter but my camera just didn't capture it the way my eye seen...

Last edited: