I have the best Girlfriend (U2)

Flakey

Enlightened
Ok so valentines day is coming up right? Today my girlfriend said, "I got you somthing for V day but i cant wait to give it to you." she then hands me 300 dollars and says, "This is for the U2 surefire, i know that you want it but i was afraid to get it because i want you to get the right one." at this point my jaw dropped and i nearly fainted. So needless to say i have found the one =)

Anyway i was wondering if there are any pila batteries that will power the u2 successfully?

is there anyone out there that is in love with there U2 and wants To share their story?

Next day air isnt fast enough DAMN!

turbodog

Flashaholic
You'll have better luck and cheaper costs with some 17650 protected cells from batterystation. Or you could run 18650. But I'd stay away from pila. They damaged a tailspring in my latest u2.

And they cost 3x what other brands do.

greenLED

Flashaholic
...better start saving for that ring, dude.

Pila 168S (now "600S", IIRC) should fit no prob, you just need to insert them through the head (not the tail end). TD's the only person I've heard who's had a problem with them. With all the recent problems with the U2 tailcap, I wouldn't be surprised that was the issue and not the actual cell :confused:

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
the least you could do is sell 1 of your lights for the ring, that will show her you care too...

and of course later on you just buy it back since SF isnt gonna go out of business anytime soon, but the right girl only rarely comes around if at all

helios

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, mine surprised me with a Dominator 10X for Christmas. I'm not sure but in some countries that does count as marriage! God bless our wonderful girlfriends, wives, sisters and moms without whose support we would just be nutty guys waiting for the sun to set!

mdocod

Flashaholic
I am another lucky one-

My fiance (as of a few hours ago, I finally proposed), is also supportive of my bizare hobbies. It's all about acceptance, I know she'll go spend money on shoes and makup, she knows i'll spend money on tools and flashlights, and that's ok with both of us...

She also happens to really like my flashlights, so that's a bonus. I bought her a dorcy 1xAAA LED light for her purse, she loves it. also bought her a vector spotlight for the car, which she uses to shine out the back window when people tailgate her, lol.

Propose MAN!!!

Tremendo

Enlightened
I've got some support, not as much as some of you. But even high-end flashlights is not the "most-expensive" hobby you can have. I think my wife appreciates that. When she sees a new guitar, I always get questioned. Is that new? How much? With the flashlights, she always thinks they're cool and doesn't ask so much. Maybe she sees the lights as something we need (I've been working that angle). Either way, when my modded Fenix's arrive, she gets the old 2 stage one (yeah old, I got it 2 weeks ago!)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
At first I thought you were talking about the U2.. and I was going to say "Yeah I married mine too"... :ohgeez:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow... the best my ex-wife could muster was to complain when I bought the $20 Brinkmann Legend LX.

Keep her!

makar

Enlightened
Do I hear wedding bells? :D
nunti%20wedding%20bells%20with%20a%20purple%20bow.jpg

thx to http://www.lasershows.ro

colubrid

Enlightened
reality check

After you marry her you will have to hide your flashlights like the rest of us do.

ibcj

Enlightened
I'm guessing that you are going to be spending around $300 this V day. :)

Tremendo

Enlightened
pr5owner said:
the least you could do is sell 1 of your lights for the ring, that will show her you care too...
As long as you don't sell a Fauxton to pay for the ring, that wouldn't be nice.... Most rings, if sold, could pay for many many SF's.

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
The only gift I've ever gotten that is better than that is nothing. That requires an explanation. My wife totally forgot my birthday one year. She felt horrible. Now she can never give me crap for missing an important date--what a great present!

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Marry her before the illusion disappears!
You are one lucky *******. I lost my last gf just about the same day as I joined CPF. Is there I connection perhaps? :thinking:

Last edited:

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
cratz2 said:
Wow... the best my ex-wife could muster was to complain when I bought the $20 Brinkmann Legend LX.

Keep her!

...and I see she's your ex-wife! lol ;)