Pray for me please !!!

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
For those of you who responded to my "Has anyone ever had a colonoscopy?" thread i wanted to update you on some new information.

I had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy procedure on Tuesday and was diagnosed with Colon Cancer yesterday.

I'm going to be in the hospital for a week beginning Monday February 6th. On that Monday i will have a 3 hr surgery to remove 1/2 of my large intestines.

Everything thing else about my physical being is normal. I don't have high blood pressure, no heart problems, don't drink, don't smoke, there is no history of colon cancer in my lineage and this was completely random.

During my colonoscopy they found 1 polyp and removed it and said the colon cancer probably started out as a polyp then turned into the cancer.

My current blood is normal in all manners including testing for specific markers to see if there is any spread which all came back normal.

After the surgery i may need a round of chemo depending on how everything goes.

I just turned 40 in Septemeber and i'm way too young to be taken down by this. Please if any of you are my age or any age for that matter and feel any kind of stomach issues, or abdominal pains, or have any kind of unusual bowel patterns please go have them checked out for peace of mind.

I'm devestated by this news but have a great support system and a positive attitude.

So my prayer request goes out to all my flashaholic brotheren to keep me in your prayers and hope for a positive outcome.

LIVESTRONG,

Michael (aka iNDiGLo) :candle:

LowWorm

Enlightened
God bless and beat this. I agree, 40 is very young for this kind of malady. Let's count on your youth and positive attitude working in your favor.

colubrid

Enlightened
This is something I have a family history of. My dad passed away from colon cancer and I have not had my colonoscopy test done yet. I am 48 so hearing this made me really think I better get one.
My prayers go out that after the surgery, this thing is done.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
:awman: My prayers are with you. May God bless you, your family, and the Doctors.

My great uncle had half of his large intestines removed when he was 50 because of cancer and he lived to be 85. He died of a heart attack in the end.

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
:wow: I will pray for you also. Keep your PMA up, and keep yourself convinced you WILL beat this thing.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
you're getting a second opinion before having this done right?

In any case, good luck and quick healing! Remember, happy patients heal faster and better! Dont let the word "cancer" scare you so bad that you stress your immune system out of existence!

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Hang in there! Remember....you're not alone! Keep a positive attitude.

I had my second radiation treatment out of 40 about two hours ago...think I heard some of them prostate cancer cells screaming during the exposure!!! :naughty:

Last edited: