Inside the Fenix products

Streak

Enlightened
Anyone opened theirs up and seen what circuitry they are using? Any pictures?

Managed to get the head off my L1P, but the PCB is quite tight.

Streak

Tremendo

Enlightened
I've seen some pics on different threads, look around. Also, MillerMods is making me 2 overdriven L1P's, I'm hoping to get those in a few days. The Fenix is my favorite "all purpose" carry light, now that it has the 2 stage mod (hi/low power). So much that I kept mine and ordered 2 new ones to be modded.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have a look over in the Homemade and Modified section. There's a even a Lux V-modded L1P for sale in the Custom B/S/T section.

Streak

Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I was not looking for modded units, I just want to see how Fenix have managed to achieve what they have with the L1P.

I would be surprised if there is no-one who has opened up their Fenix's yet. What are they usuing in there?

greenLED

Flashaholic
IonFire, it works for me. The thread he's linking is titled "Fenix L1P v2.0 get naked".

Incidentally, instead of giving koala, a highly respected and knowledgeable CPF'er, thumbsdown, give the search function a go. :nana:

IonFire

Enlightened
I just thought he came off hard on this fella, so i thought i'd try the search thingy out myself, and i couldn't find the naked thread either.

And, i thought this was a open helpfull enviroment, not a scorn ya if ya missed the apropiate cue word in a search engine to be told, "learn how to use it"

I was wrong aparently, Noted.

IF

Streak

Enlightened
Thank you Koala.
I have been a member here for a number of years and have used the search facility extensively.

I dont ask these kinds of questions until I have tried the search engine. Fenix L1P yields about 400 results. Excuse me if I did not think of using "get naked" to narrow down the search.

Streak

joecandlepower

Newly Enlightened
I think ole Koala did come off a little scornful, but maybe he was just having a bad day.

Maybe if he could have phrased it a little more constructively would of been much more helpful.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, how did I miss this...

I thought I was being helpful by doing a full search and took the effort to post the link... :shrug: scornful yeah ...

Sometimes, even with searching it's really hard to find something as there are hundreds of posts each day.

Streak didn't mention that he used the search funtion in his first post, yes I was being scornful to people who are lazy with searching, I am sorry, but not with Streak in this case. My apologies again. :ohgeez:

Last edited:

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
You didn't come off as 'scornful' when I read your post. Every once in a while, I'll suggest someone use the search function, esp when the topic has been covered 5 times in the last month, but I usually do it honestly trying to be helpful. I've been here long enough to know that some very knowledgable guys won't keep chiming in everytime so it might be worth the posters time to use the search.

Keeping in mind, at times, the search function has been a bit flakey over the last couple months...