Problem choosing a light for my wife

ksc73164

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Fenix L1P to replace my MiniMag. Conpact enough to carry in my pocket or on a lanyard all day every day; durable aluminum construction with type III HA; bright white beam with good spot and useful spill; good run time on a single AA; decent price - for me it is a great EDC. Now my wife wants a light for her purse or coat pocket. A Fenix L2P is the logical choice, but...the only problem is... then hers would be...bigger. Should it bother me that my wife's would be bigger than mine? It just seems wrong somehow.
:ohgeez:

Last edited:

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
What does she need it for? I got my wife a AAA Dorcy LED that clips on her keychain and it works great--and was very cheap. It offers enough light for the few times she needs it.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not go with another L1P? Use a lithium AA so you won't have to worry about nimh self-discharge while she carries it in I'm assuming her purse. Runtime should be plenty, between 2-3 hours for intermittent use.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
It shouldn/t bother you unless you have issues in other areas of your relationship...
naughty.gif

Personally, I'd just get another L1P. Then even if you/she must use scavenged cells, there's no chance they will be mismatched.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
ksc73164 said:
A Fenix L2P is the logical choice, but...the only problem is... then hers would be...bigger. Should it bother me that my wife's would be bigger than mine? It just seems wrong somehow.
:ohgeez:

:thinking: I'm not sure I follow... why would hers be bigger? Get another L1P if having different sizes bugs you. Or, get a L2P and give her your L1P :confused: Personally, I'd give my wife a smaller light.

Luxman

Enlightened
I would get an L2P, show her both, and let her choose..
Anything to help her appreciate flashlights. I got my wife a SF L2.
And if you also like the L2P, get one for yourself! :)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure where this thread is going LOL

I got my wife an Arc AAA and I EDC 4 lights now! What does that say about me? :)

Maybe I should get her a Pico light :shrug:

Tremendo

Enlightened
I've bought all my lights in the past couple weeks. I EDC my Fenix L1P, I also 2 staged it. My wife likes that one best also. So, I ordered a new one, and I'm having it modded to boost output a bit. When that arrives, provided it does what I hope, I will give her mine. I don't care about the size, but no way she's having an EDC more powerful than mine. :)

DaveG

Enlightened
I gave my wife a Dorcy aaa for her purse thinking no big deal if it gets lost, and a Lighthound Photon knock off for the key ring seems like a good combo.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I also got my wife a Dorcy AAA a couple years ago. I don't think she's touched it once. Obviously Tooner is right.

Geoff

vic303

Enlightened
Guys, guys, you're going about this all wrong! You need to let the wife choose the light...otherwise she'll never be happy with it, and will come to resent (possibly) your flashaholic tendencies. Remember, the goal is to convert your spouse so they will LIKE it when you buy new lights!

greenLED

Flashaholic
vic's got a point. And while you're at it, drop the macho comments before this turns into a train wreck and is locked. :shakehead: