• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Fenix L1P switch - I want a tactical

Tremendo

Enlightened
Is there any momentary on switch that will fit the Fenix? Or how about a 2 stage switch, but 1st being tactical, that can lock on if pressed in all the way? I know about the 2 stage mod, I've done that, and it becomes a twisty. Any ideas?

magic79

Enlightened
If you back the twistie to just when it turns off, when you lightly press on the switch, it operates like a momentary tactical switch. At least, it works like that on the two I have (with 2 stage mods).

Tremendo

Enlightened
Mine kind of works like that, sometimes. Otherwise it flashes as I try to hold it in. And I'd have to leave it in my pocket "almost on", where I once pulled it out and it was on. I'm looking for something a little more solid, but thanks for the thought.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... you are wanting a true tactical type switch? One that doesn't click at all, but works like the Inova X series or Surefire G2? A true tactical is press for momentary, twist for constant on.

I've never tried it, but it seems like that would be relatively easy to make with a little effort. Just ditch the clickie component entirely. I know with the cheap Chinese ($5 or less) 3xAAA lights, the switchs often come apart and en up being 'tactical' on accident.

If you are wanting it to work like a Maglite switch (press for momentary, click for on) that is going to be more trouble. You'll probably have to scavenge a switch that works like you want, then modify, cut, sand and house it to fit in the Fenix. More trouble than it's worth in my opinion.

Tremendo

Enlightened
cratz2 said:
More trouble than it's worth in my opinion.
It just seems with so much interest in the Fenix here that someone would have either done this, or found an easy solution for it.

I guess "perfect" for me would be a tactical switch that locks in and a 2-stage twistie..... I'm not holding my breath on that one.....