The LED light you'd LOVE to have?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Discounting price, what is the one LED light you'd really LOVE to have? Doens't have to be the biggest or brightest or most expensive, just the one that really interests you right now.

Personally, throwy lights with good spillbeam get me going so my top choice would be the McGizmo HD45 with a U-bin but I'd settle right now for an Nat HAIII U-binned Aleph III.

icon11.gif

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
aleph I is the coolest light I have seen.

-David

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
AlephI lights with all the trimmings or a HA-Nat SF U2 with a great LuxV, lower lowest level and no QC issues.... sigh...

Probably not going to happen unless a start a savings account for lights....

Sverre

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two lights out there that I'm bummed that I can't afford, first is the Spy005, the second has to be McGizmo's PD (with a Ti Bezel of course). They'd have to have X or V tint LEDs though.

I've got Endeavours CR2 Ion ordered so I'm hoping that once it arrives , I won't feel quite so deprived of the above.

carrot

Flashaholic
Though I can't imagine buying one anytime soon (definitely out of my price range as an unemployed student), I'd like an HDS U60XRGT.

Or the Spy005.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
A titanium Peak Ocean AAA with variable output to adjust between 1/4th of a lumen to 40 lumens of output from a 100 lumens per watt Luxeon K2.

Anyone have a time machine?

chrisse242

Enlightened
Hmm, it doesn't exist right now. I'd love to have a light with drop-in charger. Length roughly that of the Fenix L1 or longbow micra, diameter somewhere in between. Two brightness Settings: U-bin at 750mA or higher, low somewhere around the fenix with ten ohms.
But the most essential thing is that I can drop the light into the charger when I come home at night, and take it out in the morning, knowing that I have a fully charged light for the day. We have that for mobile phones, pda's, even for electric razors but right now there is a single small light that comes with it's own charger. The strion is still too big for my taste, and for an edc, I still prefer LED's.

Chrisse

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorcy 2 AA with Lux 1, 350 mA max board with 3 light levels, fraen or similar medium focused optics

and 5000 mA AA NiMhs

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a 1AA headlamp with a lux and a small shallow orangepeel reflector. Two or 3 levels would be nice. The beam pattern of the LOP is about perfect, lots of spill with a little throw.

Heck any 1AA headlamp would be nice. Even a 1AA version of the 2AAA riverrock, or 1AA and 3 CS LEDs.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we're throwing out modded light ideas:

Inova X1 with a Lux and an nFlex controller than runs on a 14500 cell. The switch is already momentary so we just need to make the nFlex small enough.

Just think... 5 levels of light (more actually) in a package the size of a Fenix. It would be offered with your choice of an R-bin Lux I or T or U-bin Lux III and would have a user replacable reflector/flat lens for those that wanted a more traditional beam shape rather than the uberspot.

chanamasala

Enlightened
chrisse242 said:
Hmm, it doesn't exist right now. I'd love to have a light with drop-in charger. Length roughly that of the Fenix L1 or longbow micra, diameter somewhere in between. Two brightness Settings: U-bin at 750mA or higher, low somewhere around the fenix with ten ohms.
But the most essential thing is that I can drop the light into the charger when I come home at night, and take it out in the morning, knowing that I have a fully charged light for the day. We have that for mobile phones, pda's, even for electric razors but right now there is a single small light that comes with it's own charger. The strion is still too big for my taste, and for an edc, I still prefer LED's.

Chrisse

Sounds good to me. Unfortunately it will probably be June 07 before we see anything like it.