Question about an E2e mod

SCblur

Enlightened
I sold my L2, and am trying to make a smaller replacement for it from an E2e/Kl4 and a two stage switch like this one reviewed at FR:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/mce2s.htm

My questions for the experts are as follows:

1. How does the output of the KL4 (L4) relate to the L2?
2. My understanding is that with a two stage switch, the KL4 would NOT be regulated on the low setting. Is this correct?
3. How does the low setting on one of these two stage switches compare to the low setting on an L2?
4. Lastly, what are your impressions of this setup? Experiences? I have never seen this setup in person, and don't know a lot about lights yet. Is this a good setup?

Anything you can tell me about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

EDIT: almost forgot, how many two stage switch options are there for the E series? I don't really like the looks of the one reviewed above on FR. I prefer the looks of the clickie that came with it, so I would prefer something similar.

Last edited:

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
I have both (L4 with mcgizmo 2 stage 22 ohm switch) and can give you my personal impressions but they arent based on hard data. Both are flood lighting beams (with L2 on hi) with the L2 having noticeably more overall output and a wider spill beam. Both will light up a large room wall to wall to ceiling, with the L2 being brighter (more light) and givng a bit more coverage. Both will flood the backyard near area well too - with again the L2 giving a bit more light. On low, they seem about comparable generally and I cant give you any run time data. On high they are reported to have about same runtime - but quickbeams runtime plot shows L2 falling off quickly (the experts here have called that into question though). If size matters, the L4 is still pocket size with the L2 an full inch longer. Go to the sandwich shoppe (mcgizmo forum) for the different switch configurations. I keep my L4 handy in my car (smaller and I can grab it and put it in my pocket) and the L2 at home as my flood light.