Which colours is the SureFire E1L (E2L) available in?

Ice

Enlightened
I read that the SureFire E1L is available in what is called "Military Specification Type III hard-anodized OD Green".
I have one such light and it's just plain grey, is that what they mean with "Military Specification Type III hard-anodized OD Green"?!
Is this flashlight also available in "Type III Hard Anodized Black", and is this "normal" black colour?
Thanks!

Patrik

Newly Enlightened
Yes the HA is pretty grey, more then greenish anyway. To my knowledge none of the E-series are available in any kind of black. :)

Ice

Enlightened
Thanks!
By "HA" you mean "hard-anodized OD Green" I guess, 'cause that other one is called "Hard Anodized" (Black), too... :)
Why the heck do they call it green?!? Ther is absolutely no green in it (at least in the one I have)!

P.S.:
So there is really no way to get a matching U2 (which I understand is only available in black) and E1L?!

AlexSchira

Enlightened
My E2E, also HA, has a slight greenish tint. But that's in natural sunlight. In most other lighting conditions, it looks gray or even blueish gray. Because most Surefire HA parts vary in color, my tailcap is more of a bronze tint than the rest of the light, the body tube is the most gray, and the stock bezel is just dark military green. And the clip is nearly black. Overall, the lack of matching gives it personality.
But I still can't believe they call it green.

buymysoul

Newly Enlightened
I don't think either of these lights are available under the designation E1l or E2l in HA III black, but you could make your own using the Surefire lego theory...

You can buy the KL1 (same head as on the e2l and e1l) in HA III black and the z61 tailcap is just like the z57 clicky tail cap on the E1l and e2l except in HA III black. A surefire e2d body is just like the e2l, e2o and e2e body but HA III black with the short pocket clip, but you can supposedly get the long pocket clip direct from surefire (same clip as on the e2l and e2o (and maybe others)) for under $10.

kl1--$50
Z61--$33
e2d body--$30
clip--$10
Total--$123 plus shipping

I must say that I'm not sure if the HA III black kl1 (or the z61 for that price) are actually available, sometimes you see things online that aren't ever actually in stock...

CLHC

Flashaholic
Someone was showing a picture of the SF.E1e and SF.E2e in Black. They were also for sale at one point, albeit very scarce. I believe McGizmo had one or two of them, though not for sale.