cooking ham?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its already cooked i thought but i bought a but and it seems like it aint cooked im just warming it up?i want to cut it in steak sizes will that work and then i can heat em up as needed i cant eat a whole ham lol

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep that will work just fine. That will give you a ton of options. Put the individual slices in either vaccum packed bags or zip loc bags with the air push out, and freeze what you dont want to eat in the next few days. I am doing the same thing tonight for my wife to take to work tomrrow. I am going to grill slices cut off a fully cooked ham on the Foreman grill with pineapple slices, and make either fried potatos to go with it, or baked.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
cool i have just eneough vacum bags left to plus i can get the bone out and make pea soup yummy stuff i got the whole ham but for 10 bucks like 1 bucks a lb

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just finished cleaning up after cooking it for my dinner, and for my wife's dinner tomorrow night, she works afternoons so I make her dinner the night before. It was a beautiful day so I fired up the charcoal grill, cut the ham into 3/4 to 1 inch slices, took pineapple juice and mixed in some brown sugar, reduced it on the stove before hand and made a "bbq sauce" for the ham. Grilled the ham and pineapple slices on the grill. Took potatoes and butter wrapped them in aluminum foil and lay them in the coals before starting the ham and when they were almost done put on the ham and pineapple to grill.

Yum, it was good if I do have ot say so myself.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
this ham dont even expire to feb 25 thats very cool it stays like way longer then beef or chicken i love pine apple to i also love iy with chessy potaoes scaloped style i was so happy to find it for 99 cents lb the bone weighed some though but it will be used