Rattling lens on my Surefire?

warpdrive

Enlightened
My new L4 seems to be missing a gasket around the lens, because if I shake the head, I can hear the lens rattling around. If I push my thumb on the lens and shake it, there is no rattling.

Has anybody else had a similar problem?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
warpdrive said:
My new L4 seems to be missing a gasket around the lens, because if I shake the head, I can hear the lens rattling around. If I push my thumb on the lens and shake it, there is no rattling.

Has anybody else had a similar problem?

My 2 L4s have gaskets between the bezel's lip and the the window. Tolerances are such that when the head is assembled, the gasket is compressed to provide a seal. I would return it! (Not actually as I can get them apart. :) )

Larry

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
That is not right....

What in the H E double hockey sticks is going on with SureFire latley??? :wtf:

I have heard several Quality Concerned issues with several surefires latley here on CPF, anyone else notice this???

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
SF seems to be taking the Microssoft approach right now. Just dump everything in stores and sort out the bugs later. Considering people are still (over)paying full price for questionable U2s it looks like it's working.

warpdrive

Enlightened
tvodrd said:
My 2 L4s have gaskets between the bezel's lip and the the window. Tolerances are such that when the head is assembled, the gasket is compressed to provide a seal. I would return it! (Not actually as I can get them apart. :) )

Larry

I don't really see a seal between the lens and outer part of the bezel, in fact, there is a visible gap.

I'm definitely disappointed that they are so sloppy with assembling these things. With my luck, it will probably take months for the turnaround on the RMA :scowl:

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
That is not right....

What in the H E double hockey sticks is going on with SureFire latley??? :wtf:

I have heard several Quality Concerned issues with several surefires latley here on CPF, anyone else notice this???

Not sure. All I know is you can get lights with possible 'quality issues' for much, much less. :)

Spacemarine

Enlightened
I had the exact same problem. But I noticed it only after I cleaned the L4 with water, when suddenly the head was wet inside... Surefire did replace the head though.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
there has been a increasing amount of problems with the L4.... I wonder why always the L4... hmmm.

-David