Mmmm Beer

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i cant realy drink beer some reason it makes my stomach go weird but i love milk and verners

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a big beer person but when I travel (especially if I'm fortunate enough to go out-of-country) I'm a fan of trying out the local brews.

-Mike

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over the past couple years, I've built a sensativity to my usually standard beers like Miller, Bud, Coors, etc. Before I finish one, I'll get a pounding headache :mecry: . Luckily, I can still handle my prefered beer of Sam Adams :sweat: :thumbsup: . Otherwise, I'll just stick to gin or vodka tonics.

-DF

raggie33

*the raggedier*
its wierd beer will make me throw up sometimes after 2 beers. hard liquor sometimes the smell will set me off . perhaps cause i drink hot sauce well i eat a lot of it

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I drink a beer it is usually Guiness or Killians Red. That actually sounds good, willhav eot run get some for the games tomorrow.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
In order of preference for lite beers: Busch Lite, Bud lite, coors lite. I also like Corona Extra. Can't stand thick/dark beers, it's like drinking bready tasting cold soup!

Tonight I'm going out for my birthday, not sure if it will be a beer night or not. Beer makes me pee a lot, like one trip for every beer. I guess I have fast acting kidneys!! But mixed drinks can be too sweet too. Like drinking a bunch of sodas. Hmm.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
Hey IsaacHayes Happy B-day!!!! Sip a nice single malt scoth, on ice is nice, drink a galss of water for every glass of scotch and you can keep a nice buzz going all night and NOT get a hang over, hydration and limiting the impurities in the alcohol ie:scotch will significantly reduce the dreaded hang over, have fun and NO driving for you tonight!!!

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heineken, or perhaps a Lappin Kulta (Finish for Laplanders gold) for me. :buddies:

While on the subject... There is a saying here that goes:
What is the similarity between having sex in a canoe and american beer?
Both are f*ing close to water.

Works with american coffee as well. :)

Is there any truth to this? I have only tried budweiser and it was close to water.

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Radio: thanks! I do like scotch. Perhaps it will be a scotch night. Scotch & water, or scotch and sprite is pretty good! Don't worry my car is in the garage torn apart right now I'm working on it. :)

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Mmmmmmm beer :buddies: German all the way holsten or becks, sorry to offend all you Americans, an yes I do realise thats the majority of the forum, but your beer tastes like a poor grannies lemonade/pale ale. Ther's only one country that makes a decent lager an its Germany their brewing laws are so strict, German beer all the way :rock:

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blech, some of you people drink light beer? If that's the case, I can tell you how to make it last twice as long. Just drink you p*** afterwards. The last Corona I had tasted like it.

I like Grolsch, Bass, and various heavier Sam Adams. Looking forward to trying some good German and Czech beer when I get the chance.

SolarFlare

Enlightened
Yeah czech beer is sweet, I had a few at the bradford beer festival, its so good budweiser (a czech beer) the Americans robbed its name :crackup:

MScottz

Newly Enlightened
vtunderground said:
My all-time favorite beer is Yuengling Lager.

Although when I have a little extra money to blow (or someone else is paying) I really enjoy Sam Adams.

Great stuff! First and only time was while I was at a scientific conference at Penn State....or was that the State Pen?!?!?

Also like Negra Modelo, Shiner Bock, Flying Dog...and wheat beer - still searching for the perfect one.:buddies: