anyone else actually sticking with their New Year's resolution to lose weight?

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've lost about 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks by eating 1200-1500 calories per day. This is about a third of my normal consumption, which used to include McD's probably 6 times per week, several cokes each day, and gorging before bed. Would like to lose it a little faster, but don't want to overdo it. Started around 203 lbs and would like to end up at 165, tho we'll see how that goes.

Plenty of tricks to make it thru the day. Usually have a cup of Egg Beaters with peppers, onions and a little chili powder in late morning. This equals 4 eggs, and comes in at around 120 calories. A big plate of eggs for 120 calories ain't bad. Prepackaged sugar-free jello is very good and is 10 calories. Dill pickle spears are 5 calories, and a couple of them will keep me from going crazy. When all else fails, a serving of sauerkraut will do, and its pretty much zero calories. Lots of water too. After a few days, I'm no longer so starving that want to knaw off my own arm. Fast food still works, as long as you watch the calories, and I've had 3 White Castles at 140 calories each, or a Wendy's lunch of a Jr Cheeseburger and salad with lo cal dressing. Also do Lean Cuisine. Basically eat anything and just watch the calories. Propel fitness water from Gatorade is about 20 calories I think, and is pretty good too.

Next I need to add a little cardio (already have a Schwinn Airdyne), and maybe some light weights. Mrs. Powernoodle is playing along, tho she's still youngish (38) and hot :devil: and doesn't really need to lose any.

Anyone else, or am I the only one here who is tired of being a lard bucket?

best regards

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
It's good to avoid eating just before bed, siince the metabolism is revving down for the day and won't be able to burn it off. I used to do a pickle spear a little before bed to keep my stomach from growling.

In general a decent breakfast, modest lunch and light dinner is probably a good bet for most. Time the calories to match the level of activity during the day.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
My resolution last year was to lose weight and I lost about 55lbs. This year I want to lose about 20 more, but so far I've gained about 5. :ohgeez:

I think I'll actually be able to take my shirt off in public this summer. :D

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey congratulations Power Noodle, your weight sounds about like mine. I am 5" 10" and went from 208 and a very tight size 38 pants down to the low to mid 160s and 33-34 inch waist. That was five years ago and I gain some of it back from time to time and then lose it. Right now I'm in the mid 170s so I hope to drop ten or so before summer. I probably wasn't quite as calorie restricted as your diet but I was faithful day in and day out. It took me about six or seven months to completely lose the weight, the last ten took the longest. My secret to making it was a bag of snack size 94 percent fat free microwave popcorn before bed. Only about a hundred calories and seem to settle the stomach down enough to make it thru the night without waking up starving.

Again congratulations and hope you stay on track. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently 42.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm 43. Was always thin, and looked like I 15 years old until I hit about 38, then I porked out and look like I'm about 48. So I'm hoping to de-age a little by de-porking.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. I had stabilized my diet (mostly) at the beginning of November. I have kept things steady and increased my activity from then until now and I am down to 220 from 245 (I'm trying to get to 200 even).

I was always right on my "correct" weight until I had some serious abdominal surgery about a year ago. The steroids I was on to help me heal (combined with my severely restricted physical ability while healing) resulted in me balloooooooning <frown>. Combined with that evil crossover to 37!

turbodog

Flashaholic
Do a little weight training. Just enough to offset the effects of losing muscle from aging.

One of my tricks is to drink kool-aid made with splenda..... at about a 200 proof level. Tastes great AND less filling!

Vee3

Enlightened
Ohhhhhh shut up!

LALALALALALALALALA (Covering ears and making noise so I can't hear you).

Regards,

Vee3 (AKA Fatso)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
How do you like that Schwinn Airdyne? I've been thinking about getting one. I used one for awhile at a health club and my body said "YES" to it!

I'm also considering the Schwinn 113 upright bike (programmed & manual courses, fitness test, heartbeat monitor, rated #2 by Consumer's Reports).

I'd really like some opinions on these or other exercise bikes, I think it's related to this thread as I'd really like to knock off some lbs!

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been pretty good with my diet, althought im not fat at 6'0 178 Im debating if I want to be ripped for summer and start cardio now or bulk up a little bit now for a month then start shredding. I think a losing 1-2lbs a week is a safe goal. I just don't want to lose any size! I will have to do some research but Im really looking forward to this summer driving top down in my S2000!