Cabelas 3 watt xpg recharagable LED light flickers

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
After about an hour of use I notice my light flickers. It acts like a loose connection. I try fooling with the tail cap and that helps, where as smacking it does nothing. Anyway, the only real solution was to turn it off and then use it later, after a few minutes the behavior repeated. I recharged the light and the flickering stopped.

So this model flickers when the battery goes low? It had a 3 hour advertised run time and it stated when it goes dim to recharge it.

UVvis

Enlightened
Can you describe the flicker?

If it looks like it is hopping between two power settings, then it is likely that the circuitry in the light is causing this, and it is somewhat normal. If you wait longer the flicker will likely stop, and you will have the lower power light.

Not all run time claims are accurate either.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its a single setting light, it does not flicker completely out, but to a lower level of brightness. THe flicker is very much like that of a cheaper led light with the twist on switch from trek.

Lumenation

Newly Enlightened
I can't believe there is not more talk about the Cabelas 3 watt rechargeable light. It looks like a great light to have in your car. Also it is one of the first 3 watt rechageable lights available.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to be a great light. It has not repeated the problem. I normally top it off, but that weekend used it a lot and ran it down.

Spending 100 bucks for a light was tough for me, one reason I didnt buy it in the first place.

It came with a car and house charger and charged fairly quick. Its got a nice balance to it and a clickie switch near the head. I just dont like the fact the tail has the plug that could get water, sand, etc in it. The plus side, I dont have to take it apart over and over and over to remove the battery and recharge it.