Neighbor's dog has a Napoleon complex

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
He's a littlel yapper and barks at nothing and everything as soon as he's let outside. I've offered him treats several times and he quiets doen a little bit while he's taking it from me, but as soon as he's finished he goes back to barking at me. :ohgeez: I'd like to make friends with him but I'm stumped as to how.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hear you. :mad: My neighborhood is over-run with dogs, mostly large ones. Some days they bark all day long at each other and passers-by. It got to the point that it was ridiculous- you could predict the time of day the barking would start: When the owner left for work and put the dog out for the day. Turns out that violates city ordinances, so multiple calls were made to the police to alert them to the offending neighbors' addresses. That is fairly drastic- I hope they didn't all get my address. (No gang-bangers). The barking stopped and I can hear at least one dog bark from inside when I walk along the path. Still barks all day long, at least it is inside.

It's amazing how people will change their behavior if the cops come by and encourage/discourage them. :naughty:

Now I have a list on my cell phone where I can note addresses in my 'hood of dogs that bark all day so I don't forget. You pay a lot for your privacy, peace, and quiet. Why let some dog ruin that for you?

I think these animals stop barking when their owners come home. They probably were not even aware of the problem.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
hiya pw ive never been a fan of small dog or any doog s that where breed more for looks then peronalty some of thease dogs are so far froma wolf its hard to stop a dog from barking to ya know why he is barking he may just be talking he may be telling ya to get away little dogs always seem nutty to me

stevesurf

Newly Enlightened
Too funny; the three little frankfurter dogs by my girlfriend's neighbor's house were yapping like crazy when Ginger kept retrieving the ball. So I tried a new tactic: instead of keeping Ginger away from the talkative pooches, I kept throwing the ball near them, driving them crazy. They finally got out of breath and went to sleep.