How To Make a Glow around the Led

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were can i get this to make my self??? I mean the Glowinc's Glowpowder. How a make, what kind of thing is it???

IMG_1651-vi.jpg

Last edited:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How To Make Glowinc's Glowpowder

The stuff is strontium illuminate (I think I spelled it right) if you are referring to the substance that glows but there are lots of different 'grades' and colors available . The application in your picture was most likely done by mixing the glow powder with epoxy.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How To Make Glowinc's Glowpowder

Yeah, you just mix the powder with epoxy and apply it where you want it. I use devcon two part epoxy. Some apply a thin coat of epoxy and then sprinkle the powder onto the epoxy, let dry and repeat. Whatever works for you.

The green is the brightest, followed by the blue.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
epoxy will work, but its a mess to use.

Get the powder, remove Reflector/ Optic (and store them somewhere else without touching it!), grab Your girlfriends/sisters/mothers nailpaint in white and clear, cover the Led with some tape, give the "glow area" a good white surface (2 layers min). With the 2nd layer still wet apply a good amount of power, shake, move, ..., the light to have the powder go everywhere You want. USD the light and save excess powder on a sheet of paper (or whatever surface). Wait a bit, apply the clear paint and repeat the process.
Check glow intensity and stop, when the level You want is reached or when there is no more space left (the thinner the paint, the better).
Wait a good time (overnight) then run the light. Led looking to the ceiling, tape removed. When You absolutely positively are sure ther will be no smoke (if any), reassemble the light.
ready to go.
Its a nice thing, even the totally non flashoholics like it.

Last edited:

Latest posts