Energy pill question, stacker2

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to poop out of energy every day at noon. Ive change what I eat, when I eat it, what I drink, when I drink it. Coffee, water, juice, protein, starches, etc. Of all creadrive a creatine energy drink with taurine and an energy drink like red bull or monster works. I was thinking about buying some pills like stacker 2 for the energy boost I need to get through a day than buying a case of these drinks a month or mix up the powder.

Is stacker 2 an energy thing or a jazzed up diet pill? I dont really want to take any diet pills or the college favorite no doze.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Just out of curiosity do you "poop out" before or after you eat lunch? When I used to work a regular job I didn't eat lunch for the simple reason that I would feel tired immediately afterwards as I was digesting. In fact, I usually tend to lie down after meals for a while for exactly that reason but since it isn't practical on the outside I just prefer to skip meals, or eat snacks continuously throughout the day instead.

If you feel pooped out before eating lunch then maybe there's other issues. You just may not be sleeping enough, or eating a decent breakfast (the most important meal), or it even may be that you're just a night person. Truthfully, I never got used to "normal" business hours despite being on them from the time I started school until I was in my late 20s. I simply felt tired all the time, and drained on weekends from getting up early. Getting up before about noon just never seemed natural to me. I'm usually like a zombie until early afternoon when I'm forced to keep early hours. I didn't realize this of course until I started working at home keeping my own hours and realized how much more energy I had, even on weeks when I put in way more hours than I used to on my job.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I get pooped out about 2 hours after eating lunch while at work. Part of it is that I am a night person who is stuck on a day shift.

I used to drink the energy drinks, the Sobe Adrenaline rush was my favorite.

A few months ago they were handing out samples of this energy drink mix called Zip-Fizz at Costco. Now I had looked at this item before, but did not want to buy a pack of 20 of them blindly. We chatted with the folks handing out the samples. It is a powder and you mix it in 16-20 oz of water and shake it up. It has a citrus flavor, kinda like Tang. The best part is it has no sugar and is loaded with viatmins. This stuff is awesome, and unlike Red Bull and the other stuff I used to drink it is actually good for you. Gives me a great boost.

It is pretty economical to buy at Costco, they charge 20.99 for 20 mixes. So for a buck and a bottle of water (or tap water) you have a great energy drink.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Seen those Stacker2s but don't know about them. But like what Ras_Thavas mentioned regarding the SoBe Adrenaline Rush and Red Bull, I like those and the taste doesn't bother me compared to others such as Rock Star.

I start work early at 6:00AM and my "breakfast" of choice 9 times out of 10 is COFFEE! ! ! Going for a "big" break lunch at 10:00AM will and has slowed me down thereafter. . .

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
jtr1962, sounds like I aint a day person. Sure I love to sleep in and stay up late, but that wont work living on the east coast. I get up at 545, catch the bus at 630, get to work at 7, work til 3, catch the bus back home at 4-430 depending on traffic.

Seems regardless when I or if I eat breakfast or lunch I still run out of steam at noon. Rather I snack or buy two combo meals from the roach coach, I still run out of energy at the same time unless I pop an energy drink or creadrive shake.

Ras_Thavas, next time i head to 711 or sams club I will look for that. THanks

CHC, coffee doesnt quit cut it for me. At least the office brand, who knows, it maybe caffeine free. I can try a cup from the roach coach tomorrow and see what that does. Although not sure how safe it would be to walk down the street with a cup of coffee while walking with a cane a block, going up a flight of steps while carrying a bag with a combo meal in it for lunch.

Yum, yum, yum, nothings better that a hot meal from the roach coach. Roach, roach, roach, coach. :)

CLHC

Flashaholic
cobb said:
CHC, coffee doesnt quit cut it for me. At least the office brand, who knows, it maybe caffeine free. I can try a cup from the roach coach tomorrow and see what that does. Although not sure how safe it would be to walk down the street with a cup of coffee while walking with a cane a block, going up a flight of steps while carrying a bag with a combo meal in it for lunch.

Yum, yum, yum, nothings better that a hot meal from the roach coach. Roach, roach, roach, coach. :)

Whoa! Did that once and only once. Never purchase coffee from "Roach Coach" again. I drink my coffee black. And if it's from "Buck Roger" Starbuck's, then Cafe Americano. Dark roasted coffee is what I usually drink. . .Of course Your Methods May Vary accordingly so.

Ras_Thavas

Enlightened
I don't think you can get Zip-Fizz at 7-11. When I spoke to the reps they said it was sold at Golds Gym, or you can get it from their website or Costco. It is more expensive on their website though.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
A mid-day slow down can indicate many things, you may want to speak to a doctor.. Depression, parasites, sleep disorder..
I went through this for about a year, took a small toll on my life, turned out to be mild depression, which I found odd because the only negative thing in my life was the 2pm tiredness. I was treated and never looked back. :)
Good luck!

luigi

Enlightened
If you are a night person in a daytime shift then welcome to the club :)
Some years ago a very good doctor explained me that people can be divided in day people and night people. Common symptoms:
- You suffer a lot to wake up before 11am
- If it were up to you, you would wake up between 11am and 1pm
- You can stand up the whole night no matter when you woke up without a problem.
- You feel quite badly until about 4pm
- Your best time to sleep is from 3am to 11am
- You can work fine and do activities from 11pm to 3am without feeling bad
- You are not very hungry for breakfast yet you are hungry at about 11am and you are also hungry at midnight

Sigh.....

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
If i had my way, I would go to sleep at 8am, wake up at 4pm. But thats just me. Guess for that lifestyle to work I would need to cross 12 time zones or so?

Depressed? Me? You are funny. Yeah, likely, the job doesnt help, nor the 3 hour travel time on the bus to go 11 miles to work and back. I am just soo far behind in my work at work, the other two guys who worked with me quit, so I inherited their case loads. A new manufacture with his clients came on board, got those to deal with too. The boss doesnt critize my work any more, just says high and bye.

Think I will hit the mall and see if that free standing display of sun sets or rises that are illuminated are still there and get one to hang in my sunless cube. Maybe I can find a cheap old laptop to display a scenvic view on or a computerized fish bowl?

jtr1962

Flashaholic
luigi said:
Some years ago a very good doctor explained me that people can be divided in day people and night people. Common symptoms:
- You suffer a lot to wake up before 11am
- If it were up to you, you would wake up between 11am and 1pm
- You can stand up the whole night no matter when you woke up without a problem.
- You feel quite badly until about 4pm
- Your best time to sleep is from 3am to 11am
- You can work fine and do activities from 11pm to 3am without feeling bad
- You are not very hungry for breakfast yet you are hungry at about 11am and you are also hungry at midnight
That's me all the way. For those night people who can't make their own hours and are currently stuck on a day shift I might recommend applying for a job with public transit. They always have late/midnight shifts, and those are usually the least popular so they offer night differential as an incentive. That's like a double bonus-work the hours you like and get paid a little extra.

It's hard being a night person in a day-oriented world. :sigh: Anyone know what percentage of people are night people?

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it contains ephedrine, skip that garbage. Plenty have died from it;healthy and otherwise.
I'm pretty sure I came close. Having your heart rate all over the place then skipping beats is no fun, let me assure you.

Try getting to the root cause of your tiredness, instead of masking it.

Latest posts