DigiLight bodies, heads, and clickie tailcaps now available as parts!

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally, we can buy Digilight tactical heads, bodies, and clickie tailcaps and build the exact light we want! Check out the Digilight parts page at BlackRifles.com. Want a 4x123A body with a 9V lamp? No need to buy an Ultrafire G120 just to get the body. Want a glass-lens'd miniturbohead light? Now you can build one with just the parts you need...without having to buy a tactical-head light.

Thank you, Dan! (And by the way, a 2x123A body and 3.6V xenon lamp would be welcome additions!)

I prefer Digilight's clickie tailcap to my Surefire Z48.

Be advised that Digilight's head is about 0.1 inch wider than Surefire's tactical head and cannot use Surefire's P-compatible filters, diffusers, and traffic wand.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dan has just lowered prices on Digilight tailcaps ($14.95), heads, and 3- and 4-cell bodies. He's also begun selling their 2x123A body ($14.95) and some Digilight accessories. For everyone wishing to run a 9V lamp ($16.95) in a 4x123A body ($34.95, body only) with a standard head ($13.95) or miniturbo head, you can now build the exact configuration you want at Black Rifles.

Now if BlackRifles could carry G&P's 3.6V G5R lamp, I'd have all the parts to build myself a rechargeable 1-cell miniturbo...

Last edited:

Dorky1

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Paul_In_Maryland, for all the great info you have provided on G&P part interchanges.

I found out that the Digilight 9 volt miniturbo head fits on my Surefire L5 (KL5 head and M2 body). It even lights up on just 6 volts. The Surefire L5 body is a "Classic" body with an extra o-ring at the tail to make it an M2 body. That means the 9 volt miniturbo head should fit the Surefire C3's with no problem. I wonder what the beam shots would look like between a C3 with a P91 @ 200 lumens, C3 with the miniturbo head G90 HP @ 175 lumens, and with a KT2 head @ 105 lumens. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the advertised run times of the both the G90 HP and KT2 are 1 hour, the P91 is 20 minutes.

Dollars per lumens means: P91 @ 200 lumens = $27 List price.
KT2 @ 105 lumens = $106 List price
Miniturbo 9 volt head w/bulb @ 175 lumens = $37 List price

The KL5 head will not thread on fully on the T9 body because of the non-threaded section that extends beyond the threads on the KL5 head.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dorky1 said:
Thanks Paul_In_Maryland, for all the great info you have provided on G&P part interchanges.
I've started an Excel table but sort of abandoned it for a week. Patience will be rewarded...
Dorky1 said:
I wonder what the beam shots would look like between a C3 with a P91 @ 200 lumens, C3 with the miniturbo head G90 HP @ 175 lumens, and with a KT2 head @ 105 lumens.
I have compared the first two configurations you've named. The P91 put out a wall of bright light. The 175-lumen G&P lamp in the miniturbo head threw somewhat better than the tactical version, but the beam was still, at heart, a general-purpose beam that would not thrill a "throw seeker." The 12V G120 in a miniturbo did reach out a bit farther than a Streamlight TL-3, but only in its very center.

After I criticized Wolf Eyes for claiming that its miniturbo doubles the throw of its lamps, the company has scaled back its claim to state that improves throw by about one-third. I would guess that that would be a valid estimate for the G&P miniturbo as well.

vic303

Enlightened
Say, will the Digilight clicky tailcap fit an oldstyle round body SF 6P?

mdocod

Flashaholic
too bad they were late, lol, i could have built a digilight for about the same as I spend on an ultrafire 12v and having to buy a G90 separatally. oh well.... i'm sure i'll be *forced* to build more flashlights later on... ehe

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
vic303 said:
Say, will the Digilight clicky tailcap fit an oldstyle round body SF 6P?
I'll have to let a Surefire expert weigh in on that. It's my understanding that tailcap fit hasn't changed in the Surefire P lineup, but I could be wrong.

What's up with our resident Surefire guru, Size 15s? I haven't seen a post from him in some time.